Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free flight to Spain?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I've never been but I'm on the fence because I barely have two weeks to plan everything, I work FT and don't have DH here to help me out with DD and I'm stressing a bit.

I'm having to plan last minute because DH's company has just offered to fly me out for a week while DH gets some time off. Between hotels, sites and transportation I'm stressing over where to go, what to see, etc. but I'm really looking forward to some alone time with him since he travels so much. Plus, MIL has excitedly volunteered to watch DD which is great on such short notice.

I honestly don't know much about it (nor do I speak much Spanish) because it's never been on my "bucket list" of places to see, except Barcelona. Before my brother died, he said that that was his favorite place to ever visit and I would like to go in his memory and do something special for him. I feel like once I get there, I will know what that is.

So where would you go? What would do? What would you see? Or would you say "forget it" because of the short notice? I have to admit, I'm tempted but I feel like I'd be kicking myself if I miss out on this opportunity.

ETA: By the way, I'm going to be there during Easter. I have no idea what to expect.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
There is not a chance I would missed going no matter the short notice. I would leave tomorrow if someone else was paying.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

don't skip it. I hear Spain is great, but I don't know much about it other than Gaudi and those cool octagonal blocks in Barcelona. 

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely go. You will always regret not going. Just pack your stuff and wing it! Lol have fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are on my list that I am creating. I saw them on TripAdvisor on my lunch break! lol

Quoting autodidact:

don't skip it. I hear Spain is great, but I don't know much about it other than Gaudi and those cool octagonal blocks in Barcelona. 

FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I think "winging it" is what's making me so crazy. I need to just let go and enjoy the time with DH. That's so hard for me to do since I'm such a planner!!! lol

Quoting blue-heart: Definitely go. You will always regret not going. Just pack your stuff and wing it! Lol have fun!

beansmomnbozmn
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to do this. I would go no matter how short the notice was, especially if child care was already lined up! Just do some research online and figure out a few things that you want to see and do. Don't waste this opportunity!

ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

take the trip, you'll regret it latter if you don't

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)