Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15 year old is pregnant.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 240 Replies
And it's been a mess from day 1, but I guess that's just a part of it.

Now the problem is the father's parents. He is also 15. The father wants to move in with us and help with his child when she is born. His mother is refusing to allow him to stay with us. And saying she wants GDD to live with them. She will allow my DD to move in too.

I don't want my DD and GDD living there. I want them in my home, with me.

It's becoming a huge issue, because both homes want GDD, and the baby has a right to care from both of her parents.

I do t want to go to court but it seems inevitable. What do you think is going to happen?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:07 PM
8 moms liked this
You should've made an effort to prevent the pregnancy in the first place. Just sayin.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM
Joint
shell3m
by Shell on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
She stays with you and so does the baby....unless it's not safe.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM
12 moms liked this

What does your daughter want?

I would want my minor child in my home. Even after having a baby, I would't want her boyfriend living with us. 

littlebearbead
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this
You're dd her baby you're house most likely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
What do the kids want? That's what the judge will ask.

legally the courts can't make your DD move out and since she's the mother and they're unmarried the baby will stay with her. The boys family will have to prove your home is unfit before removing the baby.
nonyobizniz
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM
16 moms liked this
Baby stays with mom and visitation can be hashed out

15 is far too young got these two to be living together

Time for the two sets of grandparents to act like PARENTS
Arwyn724
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM
6 moms liked this

She is your minor child, she will live in your home.  I don't see where court is necessary.  They can't make your daughter move into their home.  They can, however, keep their minor son in their home, unless he becomes emancipated.  You may just have to accept the fact the baby's parents won't live together until they are older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM
She wants her daughter with her. She would like her father to be there too, but she's not willing to leave our home. She feels happier here.

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

What does your daughter want?

I would want my minor child in my home. Even after having a baby, I would't want her boyfriend living with us. 

lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Your daughter and her child stay with you and the father stays with his parents. He can come help with his child, but will ultimately have to live with his parents The father and his parents don't get a say in where your daughter and the baby live. The minor children belong in the homes with their own parents. Co-parenting in the same house is not always an option, especially if "you" are 15.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)