Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you even know how to make a routine?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
New baby means changing up your routine. Got that. But how long does it take to get it down? I have one child from a previous marriage and dh and I are engaged in a custody battle to get his kids...it's looking like we're going to win this. That will be an additional two kids to get ready for school and run around to appointments with or errands. I know no one so no baby sitting for even my appointments. Dh offered to change his work schedule to swings but I hate that, his schedule now would make it so he can be home when kids get home from school and have family dinner.
Dunno why but already seems like I'm overwhelmed and doubting myself Only because I don't have a routine down yet. What is the best way to go about doing this with confidence?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Bump...?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this
All I remember from a new baby is that anything you plan goes straight out the window. The baby makes the majority of the plans in the beginning. Just go with flow and be flexible. Flexibility is the key to success. That and crockpots.
4deans
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:25 PM
What has helped me with my 6 is I get up an hour before I have to wake them for school so I have time for me before the chaos starts and helps me handel everything in a much calmer state.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Trial and error, and as little pressure on yourself as you can manage. It takes time to find your way sometimes, just be patient and know you'll get there.

:)

coala
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Keep your expectations low....that's all I've got for now.  Once you all are there and you figure out who is capable of what...you can then start adding in higher expectations.  Just take it one day at a time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM
My routine didn't change when I had my youngest 3 months ago. So here's a bump.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I like to get up early enough to shower, dress and relax for a few minutes before getting any kids up. When they were younger, we laid everything out the night before so there wasn't any decisions about clothing and we knew where backpacks and shoes were.

Are you going to have to go to more than one school? Are your driving or will they catch the bus? Breakfast at home or school? Are any of them preschool age? The answers will help you decide how early to get up. Make sure you run the route beforehand if you drive and remember that dropping off takes 5-10 in a car line.

Most likely you will have a few days with bumps before it smooths out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)