Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is wrong with them??

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM
  • 29 Replies
My kids have been helping me do laundry for years. Every time its a struggle. They whine, they cry, they say they're tired or have to poop. I still make them do it and its miserable for all of us. Ok. Today. I send them in their room to put away their clothes after they are sorted, folded and matched. I go in a little later and they are shoved in drawers, under the dresser and in a pile in the closet. What the heck?! They are 8, 10 and 12. Old enough to know better! My 12 yo did put most her stuff away fine. The other 2 are in their room and not coming out until it's done better. I don't expect perfection, but its not that hard to put some pants in a dang drawer and still be able to CLOSE it. Its not like this is the first time I've ever made them do it. What am I doing wrong ladies?! What can I do differently?
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM
DS is 7 and he drives me nuts with his laundry. His dresser drawers are always open, he never puts the whites in the white laundry basket or the colors in the colors basket and he leaves trail of dirty socks around the house.
Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Gah! You feel me then. Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS is 7 and he drives me nuts with his laundry. His dresser drawers are always open, he never puts the whites in the white laundry basket or the colors in the colors basket and he leaves trail of dirty socks around the house.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM

My kids don't do laundry. They just put it in the basket, I do all of the laundry in my home. No big deal. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM
Yes!! I pester and nag him to death and he still is a laundry mess, lol.

Quoting Sarafinn2012: Gah! You feel me then. Lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS is 7 and he drives me nuts with his laundry. His dresser drawers are always open, he never puts the whites in the white laundry basket or the colors in the colors basket and he leaves trail of dirty socks around the house.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Same here.

Quoting PhantomRose88:

My kids don't do laundry. They just put it in the basket, I do all of the laundry in my home. No big deal. 

lalalamama
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Can't give you advice because I failed at teaching my kids this skill. They are 20 and 22 lol !
I come from a long line of people who didn't put away laundry until they were living on their own, so I've never worried about it :)
Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:57 PM
I have 4 kids. 3 of them being girls. I work full time. We come home, eat dinner, do our little chores (unload/load dishwasher, scoop kitty box, take out trash, sweep, vacuum, etc.) Then homework, nighttime routine and bed. We all pitch in. My dh works evenings so its just me n the kids until 8 when we read books, maybe watcv a show, brush teeth and go to bed. On Sundays we do deep cleaning and laundry. This week we pushed it off a day because today is the last day of spring break for us so we did family activities yesterday. They have to help, or I would have no time with them. The struggle is real. Lol

Quoting PhantomRose88:

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:57 PM
Ds has fold and put away his own clothes. Not all of them but I do expect he sit and help me. It's usually a fight for about an hour then he'll give in and done in like twenty minutes.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Bust their fucking asses and make them do it right!

Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM
Exactly! My 8 yo always says "ugh! This is gonna take all day!" And I tell her if she'd just get down to it it won't. We can usually finish in just under an hour. Thats all their clothes. We only do laundry once a week.

Quoting ArmyWife112908: Ds has fold and put away his own clothes. Not all of them but I do expect he sit and help me. It's usually a fight for about an hour then he'll give in and done in like twenty minutes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)