Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida moms come hither!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
Hello,
We are moving to fl in a month, I am trying to get my sister to come with us, but so far it is just my husband, kids, and I. We don't really have family down there. Do any of you use care.com for your baby sitters, as far as like a date night sitter? Any person in particular ?
Any advice is appreciated. The kids will not be in daycare, but we need an occasional sitter.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CannonMomof3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM
We moved here about a year and a half ago. No family here but haven't had a need for sitters. My area has a Facebook page of sitters available I think. What area are you relocating to?
stirfry247
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Where in fl?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:11 PM
We are either going to be

* Fort Myers
* Tampa
*Naples

I believe.

Quoting stirfry247:

Where in fl?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM
So I'm guessing you guys don't really do date nights? Lol

Either Fort Myers, Naples, or Tampa

What part of Fl do you live in?

Quoting CannonMomof3: We moved here about a year and a half ago. No family here but haven't had a need for sitters. My area has a Facebook page of sitters available I think. What area are you relocating to?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM
I don't think I could do FB sitters. I don't even know that I could use care.com. I've never had to use a sitter I didn't personally know :/ I'll probably just have to fly my mom down once a month or something , or drive up to PA, and get her once a month. I'm too scared of what people could do to my kids

Quoting CannonMomof3: We moved here about a year and a half ago. No family here but haven't had a need for sitters. My area has a Facebook page of sitters available I think. What area are you relocating to?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I grew up in Florida. My advice is to not move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:15 PM
Why?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I grew up in Florida. My advice is to not move.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM
My kids are too old for a babysitter. When I did need one, the daughter of someone I worked with, say for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:17 PM
My oldest is only 5. I don't think id be able to use someone I didn't know personally :/ I may have to just fly, or drive my mom down, once a month..

Quoting MichLW69: My kids are too old for a babysitter. When I did need one, the daughter of someone I worked with, say for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:18 PM
It's hot almost year round, the schools are bad, the people are rude and crazy; I could go on and on but I digress. I wouldn't trust care.com down there.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I grew up in Florida. My advice is to not move.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)