Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions?!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
DD is 5yrs. Old and still wetting the bed. I don't know what else to do, so I'm open to any advice?
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Doctor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Wait, lots of children aren't physically ready to hold it at night. Some kids are 12 before that happens. There is nothing you can do to change that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM
It happens. I did until I was 13.
kiwiskiwi29
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:06 PM

My dd is also 5 and still wets the bed. No advice here just a bump! I think it is something they have to outgrow.

AnonyMinnie

It happens. There really is nothing you can technically do about it. Some kids just can't night train and their bodies aren't ready, it's pretty common and it can stop anytime between now and 12, 13 and still be normal.

If she gets 6, 7 or older then the dr. might step in to reconsider things but it's seriously common.

AnonyMinnie
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old son still wets as well...

zandhmom2
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Don't let him drink after dinner and wake him atleast twice throughout the night. Sorry, I don't have more to offer...I never had this problem with either of my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM

I did until I was 9 or 10. My brother until he was 12. Maybe it's genetic or because of the instability in our lives.

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM
My Ds is 13, almost 14 and still does it occasionally. Its annoying, but he has a small bladder. May want to take her to her pedi ..
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM
I don't give my daughter anything to drink for an hour before bedtime. If she asks for a drink at night, I wake her up about 45 minutes later and have her go potty. She doesn't wet the bed anymore and rarely asks for a drink at night anymore, because she knows if she drinks I'll be waking her up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)