Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's chapstick.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
My sd's bm let sd's lips get so chapped they were bleeding, I tried using plain old chapstick but it wasn't working so I switched to the hard stuff, carmex. Sd said it burned for all of 2 seconds and stopped talking about it. Then when her mom picked her up from school she found the carmex in her bag and called me ballistic saying I'm trying to kill her dd with some car wax.....seriously? It smells nothing like wax for one thing and for another it smells medicated....idk any car that need medicated wax unless it's from the actual movie cars.....I told her it was just chapstick and she screamed at me about just using regular chapstick.....yeah carmex works in a day or 2 where as its taken 2 weeks with normal chapstick....I just won't send any home with sd anymore....geez.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally, I prefer Burt's Bees. All natural and it works best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Yeah, next time leave it at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Tried every chapstick over the years...the only thing that works on really chapped lips is carmex. The rest are just to make them soft honestly

Quoting dragonborn: Personally, I prefer Burt's Bees. All natural and it works best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM

I use Vaseline on my kids chapped lips. Chapstick always seems to make my kids chapped lips even worse! Sorry you have to deal with SM! She sounds psychotic! 

2pink1blue
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Live and learn....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Kinda figured her mom would be an adult and realize her dd needs something more then softlips chapstick. I guess not

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah, next time leave it at home.
squeekers
by squeekers on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Bump from a long term chapstick user.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM
Next time don't answer the phone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Kinda figured her mom would be an adult and realize her dd needs something more then softlips chapstick. I guess not

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah, next time leave it at home.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:27 PM
Sounds like she likes to not pick. A reason to complain, she will.... Sorry mama. Just leave it home.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:27 PM
Carmex makes my lips feel too waxy. Burt's Bees has always done wonders to heal my lips. And I feel okay with using it on my toddler since there is no harsh chemicals in it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Tried every chapstick over the years...the only thing that works on really chapped lips is carmex. The rest are just to make them soft honestly

Quoting dragonborn: Personally, I prefer Burt's Bees. All natural and it works best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)