Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many calories should I be eating?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
What's the optimal amount? I'm 5'7, 22 years old, 140 lbs. I'm marginally active, I walk for an hour every day, do yoga 3 times a week, go to spinning class 4 times a week, and generally stay moving. I have pcos which makes my weight fluctuate. A lot of the times I feel sluggish. Some days I eat less than 1000 calories, sometimes I eat 2500. So... Help?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Bump
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Use my fitness pal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM
I've heard that is pretty generalized. Plus I don't really want to download an app to answer one question

Quoting WifeyC: Use my fitness pal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:37 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:38 PM

1475 to maintain

edit I totally over looked your activity level and just did your bmr. With adding the exercise it's more like 2100

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Google 'how many calories should i eat' and you will get a bunch of site to help you out. All you need to do is put in your height, weight, activity level. 

ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:41 PM

You have a BMR of 1476.  That is how many calories you would be burning if you sat on your butt all the day long.  For the active life you lead you would multiply your BMR by 1.55, so that leaves you with 2288.  That is the number needed to maintain.  However, because of the PCOS your metabolism is not normal.

Honestly, this is something you should be discussing with your doctor.  This and the kind of diet you should be on.  I would imagine that since many people with PCOS get placed on metformin, a ketogenic diet would be good for you and help keep your blood sugar stable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)