Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone here work for an airline and speak Spanish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Have you taken the language assessment?

What does it entail?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM
What job are you trying for? I used to be a flight attendant and there was a language requirement when I was hired (I speak French).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:06 PM

reservations

Quoting Anonymous 2: What job are you trying for? I used to be a flight attendant and there was a language requirement when I was hired (I speak French).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Basically, the interviewer asked several questions in the language (like where I lived, what did I like to do, what was my favorite color) and I had to answer in the language. I honestly thought I'd bombed it because she didn't speak the language and was just reading off a paper, thus mispronouncing everything, and I could barely understand what she was saying. Finally, when she asked what I liked to do, I just went on and on in French. Thank God lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

reservations

Quoting Anonymous 2: What job are you trying for? I used to be a flight attendant and there was a language requirement when I was hired (I speak French).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM

so you didn't do an online assessment?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Basically, the interviewer asked several questions in the language (like where I lived, what did I like to do, what was my favorite color) and I had to answer in the language. I honestly thought I'd bombed it because she didn't speak the language and was just reading off a paper, thus mispronouncing everything, and I could barely understand what she was saying. Finally, when she asked what I liked to do, I just went on and on in French. Thank God lol
Quoting Anonymous 1:

reservations

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:33 PM
No, it was in person at the airline's headquarters.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Basically, the interviewer asked several questions in the language (like where I lived, what did I like to do, what was my favorite color) and I had to answer in the language. I honestly thought I'd bombed it because she didn't speak the language and was just reading off a paper, thus mispronouncing everything, and I could barely understand what she was saying. Finally, when she asked what I liked to do, I just went on and on in French. Thank God lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

reservations

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

hmmmmm

I've done that already

now they've called me back for an online assessment

Quoting Anonymous 2: No, it was in person at the airline's headquarters.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

reservations

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:58 PM
A girl I flew with is going back to flying now, international. Her interviews are all through video.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

hmmmmm

I've done that already

now they've called me back for an online assessment

Quoting Anonymous 2: No, it was in person at the airline's headquarters.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

reservations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)