Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why I feel as bad as I do?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM
  • 1 Replies

We have a monthly pest control service, I live in Florida, there's ants and spiders and all sorts of creepy crawlies that I'd rather just stay out. I switched companies about a year ago, and I've hated the new one since day one. Well, the tech anyway.

He's an older guy and very nice, but he has never once shown up when he was supposed to. He's to be here on a Monday between 3 - 5. That's a pretty big window and plenty of time to make it here, I'd think. When he makes it here on the right day it's never before 6:30pm, but he usually just comes either around 7am or 7pm on Wednesday. There is no in between, it's breakfast time or dinner time, lol. I've been begging him for months to at the very least just call me and tell me he can't make it and work with me on finding a day/time that works for both of us. He always apologizes and says he'll keep the time for sure next month, but never does.

Plus, he's here for about 3 hours every time he comes, which is annoying on it's own but gets even more so when he's getting in the way of dinner, baths, calm down, and bed time for the kids. I mean really, who wants the bug guy at their house until 10pm? Why does it take so long? He likes to vacuum my vents. I don't know why. If I wanted help vacuuming my vents out I'd hire someone to do that, he's supposed to come in and put some gel shit out and spray around outside to make sure bugs don't come in. Dust is my problem, not his. A couple of times he even forgot to bring his box of supplies, so he only came to dig around in my attic and make sure there was nothing living up there.

Today I decided I'd had enough. At 6pm when he was officially an hour late (again), I called the main office and complained. I rescheduled to next week and requested a new person come out. At 6:30, he showed up. I told him we had to reschedule but I didn't tell him I was done with him. He was very nice and said to call the office and it was no big deal.

I feel SO bad now! That's stupid, right? I'm worried they're going to fire him, and even though he wasn't very good at his job I just keep thinking that he's an old man (not even that old, but maybe 60?) and that he probably really needs the job. But, I'm paying these people for a service that has been pretty crappy... It's reasonable to want to get what you're paying for, I know it is. So why do I feel like such a jerk?!

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Man that's long. I need to stop rambling so much, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)