Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you train a cat?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:28 PM
  • 42 Replies

My cat is 6 months old and a handful... chews on everything, scratches everything....she's driving me nuts. How do I teach to her behave? 

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha!

Hahahahaha!!!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM
I'll let you know if I ever have a cat that will train. Cats are assholes.
Shadowgirl113
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Let me know. Mostly, she will calm down as she matures. Ours just got spayed last week (6 mo as well) and I finally let her out of the bathroom to burn off some energy (she was taking it out on the toilet paper!) and she is literally running laps around the house. Devil cat...
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Does she have a scratching post?
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:32 PM

That is what I'm learning. She's a bitch. 

Quoting wkukid: I'll let you know if I ever have a cat that will train. Cats are assholes.

svolkov
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:32 PM
I always stop them from clawing things. Give them toys/attention/scratching posts etc. All 3 of my cats are very well behaved. Never have problems
Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Yes

Quoting quickbooksworm: Does she have a scratching post?

FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Buy multiple different scratching posts. Put one in every room. Sprinkle catnip ALL over them.
summerlove3677
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:38 PM

I bought a spray bottle and spray my cat with water when she does something I don't want her too do, like getting on the counters.  She is 12 and 1/2 and has started doing things she hasn't done since she was a kitten.   I am having to retrain her

Nicholy10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:38 PM

She gets spayed in a couple weeks... Mine does laps around my apartment nightly. She's possessed. Psychotic.

Quoting Shadowgirl113: Let me know. Mostly, she will calm down as she matures. Ours just got spayed last week (6 mo as well) and I finally let her out of the bathroom to burn off some energy (she was taking it out on the toilet paper!) and she is literally running laps around the house. Devil cat...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)