Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a "grown" woman wanted to fight me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Well not really but I work at a thrift store. About every 30 or so minutes we announce on the intercom that children should not be allowed to run through the store. Sometimes people don't listen and one of is has to tell them directly to please keep their child(ten) with them at all times. Well this lady's daughter kept dashing through the aisles and was bumped by her mom's cart once. It was nothing serious but I asked the little girl if she was ok she said yes. I the told her mom to please don't allow the girl to keep running through the aisles, she could be seriously hurt. She then told me, verbatim, " I'm a grown ass woman I don't need you to tell me what to do with my child".

Gah sometimes I hate working in retail. I never have good come backs lol.

Who can relate?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Me. U use to work in a store where we didn't allow kids to bounce the balls, so I got on one kid that was probably 13 or so and the mom got an attitude and said I'll handle my kid.

It's crazy how people will act in public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Tell me about it. And when I worked at Nordstrom I had a few snobby assholes too. Can't win lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Me. U use to work in a store where we didn't allow kids to bounce the balls, so I got on one kid that was probably 13 or so and the mom got an attitude and said I'll handle my kid.

It's crazy how people will act in public.
shima
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:24 PM
In my experience anyone that says "I'm grown" still has a child's mentality.

I used to work retail (thank the heavens I don't anymore). I worked in the bedding department of jcpenney. Now most of the beds there were just displays, not much substance, but there just to look pretty. One day I see a kid probably 3 or 4 jumping up and down on one of the bunk bed displays (no parent in sight). So I told her "please don't jump on the beds sweety, you could get hurt". Next thing I know the mom runs over and yells at me for daring to tell her child what to do. Unfortunately you can't do anything about stupid people.
thetrollcat
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:25 PM

shit this is the perfect place to get come backs

SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:26 PM
one of the many reasons I won't work in retail ever again
mary716
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:27 PM
I dont like people So I probably would have said get your sperm blossom under control or gtfo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:29 PM
I'm gonna have to steal some haha

Quoting thetrollcat:

shit this is the perfect place to get come backs

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:32 PM
I would have told her grown ass can shop elsewhere.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well not really but I work at a thrift store. About every 30 or so minutes we announce on the intercom that children should not be allowed to run through the store. Sometimes people don't listen and one of is has to tell them directly to please keep their child(ten) with them at all times. Well this lady's daughter kept dashing through the aisles and was bumped by her mom's cart once. It was nothing serious but I asked the little girl if she was ok she said yes. I the told her mom to please don't allow the girl to keep running through the aisles, she could be seriously hurt. She then told me, verbatim, " I'm a grown ass woman I don't need you to tell me what to do with my child". Gah sometimes I hate working in retail. I never have good come backs lol. Who can relate?

Reply with "The ONLY thing grown on you *IS* your ass...and your shitty attitude. And don't get me started on your parenting skills"

LMAO

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:33 PM
The public, in general, sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)