Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call me selfish but I dont want a homeless shelter near me :( UPDATE!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

we just moved in our new rental home. I mean we are still moving crap over here. And now they are trying to approve to put a homeless transitional home right next door. Yes I know that not all homeless is horrible BUT i lived among that crowd as a child and someone (a homeless man) busted a glass window all over my young son. Had he woken up and gotten scared he would have been cut up pretty damned bad.

Yes I feel selfish about this but I just want my children safe

wow thanks for all the r esponses!

again I know all homeless people are not the same. But I lived around that kind of crowd as a child and I promised I would never let that happen to my children. Volunteering and living right next door to one is a whole different story. Group homes (a poster mentioned that) I would have no issues with. I know how group homes are ran and I actually enjoy working with developmentally disabled people.

My son had glass all over him due to homeless person trying to break in our home and he would have gotten seriously hurt had he woken up and gotten scared. I am not heartless. I dont want my children living next door to one. Move you say? Its not possible. It took us five months just to find this place. The landlord was/is against it and so is all the neighbors. We are a smallish community and they were wanting to put it right at downtown where the town hosts all its celebrations. I know bad stuff can happen right outside your door but I dont want to invite trouble.

But its a moot point since the initiative withdrew its petition

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkHart.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:08 PM
Not much you can do but move I guess
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:09 PM
Well they gotta live somewhere..but I don't blame you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this
A lot of people don't want renters in their neighborhood. *shrug*
mary716
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh well, move. We volunteer at the homeless shelter which also serves as a safe place for the mentally ill and I have nothing but the greatest empathy for those who are less fortunate. They deserve a roof over their heads as much as you do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM

i cant...its not possible

Quoting .PinkHart.: Not much you can do but move I guess

eadyT
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM
This exactly.

Quoting mary716: Oh well, move. We volunteer at the homeless shelter which also serves as a safe place for the mentally ill and I have nothing but the greatest empathy for those who are less fortunate. They deserve a roof over their heads as much as you do.
SmilingSparklin
by BeerFairy on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Would you live next door to it?

Quoting mary716: Oh well, move. We volunteer at the homeless shelter which also serves as a safe place for the mentally ill and I have nothing but the greatest empathy for those who are less fortunate. They deserve a roof over their heads as much as you do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM

sorry but my landlord is awesome

nothing but good things in this neighborhood

Quoting Anonymous 3: A lot of people don't want renters in their neighborhood. *shrug*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM

I don't blame you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM
Oh well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)