Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be able to forgive your child for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
a family I grew up with had this happen

the older brother was sick his whole life, cancer twice and mental/emotional delays. the parents had to pay him more attention, and the younger sister had to donate bone marrow to him twice.

they didn't get along at all and he hit her a few times when he was angry when they were teens, and he touched her inappropriately when he was 13 and she was 11. when he was 22, and she was 19, he needed a kidney transplant. from her previous donations they knew she was a watch but she refused to do it. she was scared of the risks of surgery and didn't want to undergo it for him.

he sadly passed away before they could find a match. now, the parents don't speak to her and she doesn't speak to them.

could you forgive your child for that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stepnee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this

That would be a tough situation but not sure I'd disown my daughter because of it.

nikki4eva88
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM
4 moms liked this
Forgive my child for what? You only need to forgive if someone did you wrong. I don't see that in this situation.
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM
5 moms liked this
About as easily as I could forgive my parents for letting me me emotionally, physically and sexually assaulted by my brother.
o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
What's to forgive? She was under no obligation to donate anything to him, and certainly under no obligation to deal with the lifetime of health concerns that come with donating an organ. They should be asking for forgiveness for being incapable of keeping their daughter from being assaulted while she was growing up.
NicholeP1984
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't force my child to make that decision.  I would have to understand and respect their decision to not donate.  I would be extremely disappointed with their choice to not help their sibling though.  I doubt these parents knew what the brother had done to the sister sexually though

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
This I don't blame the sister at all

Quoting nikki4eva88: Forgive my child for what? You only need to forgive if someone did you wrong. I don't see that in this situation.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:15 PM

I have no idea. This seems to be a very one sided version of the story.

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:15 PM
This

Quoting Sbellemommy: About as easily as I could forgive my parents for letting me me emotionally, physically and sexually assaulted by my brother.
navywife0204
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like he used his conditions to get away with a lot... sick or not, you don't touch someone in a way that would amount to sexual abuse.   And, at 19, she had every right to say no.  the parents had no say over her body then.

seximami111
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Did the parents know all that happened?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)