Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom called my job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
I had car troubles that ended up costing 700+ dollars this month so I didn't pay my cell phone bill. My mom called me through my sisters phone and I told her the reason she can't call me is because my phone was cut off until I got paid again on Friday. She freaked out and insisted i come by to get money for it. I refused and said it was fine.

I didn't end up paying the bill until just now. While I was at work, and VERY busy, she called me. I told her I couldn't talk and hung up. She called back screaming at me that she will keep calling back if I hang up on her again.

She tells me to call her when I get off work.

I was pissed. I get that she was concerned but Jesus fucking Christ. Calling my job crossed a line.

She told me it was important but she really just wanted to talk about my financial situation which DID NOT need to be discussed while I was at work.

She said I was being dramatic and she will call my job if I am without my phone for days without calling her at all.

I told her the bottom line was, until she understands calling my job is not ok, I don't have anything to discuss with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Sounds like my mother. Oh happy joy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM

She was worried and concerned about you. Give her a break, she's your mom, when your kids are grown or near grown and start venturing out into the world you'll understand. My kids know that when I call or text they have to answer, no excuses. I am MOM. I would go to my child's work place if they didn't answer my calls for days! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:02 PM
Yeah I still don't care. You can not just interrupt my job. She knew I was alive and well and she knew why I couldn't answer my phone.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

She was worried and concerned about you. Give her a break, she's your mom, when your kids are grown or near grown and start venturing out into the world you'll understand. My kids know that when I call or text they have to answer, no excuses. I am MOM. I would go to my child's work place if they didn't answer my calls for days! 

wilky5
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM
Telling you she'd keep calling was WAY over the line!
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Why is YOUR financial problems her business anyways?! I'd be pissed too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Unless you're some kind of a surgeon, you can take a minute and show your mother some respect. However, I get the feeling you're a waitress, or in retail. Really, respect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:09 PM
I don't think it was right that she called your work but I also think it's disrespectful that you hung up on her. If you are busy don't answer and call her back or answer and tell her you're busy and will call back but hanging up on her looks bad.
TediLee
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:14 PM
I think hanging up on her was rude but I get you. My mom used to do that. Worked for a call center one time, my brother gave me a ride there and she calledthe hotline when he didn't come home right away. She got a coworker to get me off a call because it was an emergency and then got pissed when I laughed at her. How the hell was u supposed to know where NY adult brother was when I was working and why was it an emergency?
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM

There probably isn't a set of scissors big enough to cut the apron strings that your Mom is holding onto so tightly, but if you can find it, use it.

She needs to not panic like this and respect that you're an adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:01 AM
You sound crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)