Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got fired for not donating blood.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I volunteered 3 days a week in the office at my daughter's school. They had a blood drive today, and for a whole month, they have been pushing for all staff and volunteers to sign up to donate. I didn't sign up, and had several people remind me that I needed to sign up. When it came out this afternoon that I ended up not donating, I could tell the principal wasn't happy. This evening I received a phone call saying that my services were no longer needed there. Wtf?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM
Principal*

Anyways, I wouldn't make a big deal about it.
MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully volunteers don't get paid. Some people can't donate blood. I'd of laughed and hung up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:24 PM
That's weird considering it's volunteer work. I would've just told them for health reasons I'm not allowed to donate. There are all sorts of different health issues that can make it so you can't donate (blood sugar problems, past issues with cancer, autoimmune disorders, etc).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:24 PM
I can't. I am laughing about it. What a bunch of turds.

Quoting MilkLover0203: Thankfully volunteers don't get paid. Some people can't donate blood. I'd of laughed and hung up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:25 PM
I have an autoimmune disease, but it's not their business, Ya know?

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's weird considering it's volunteer work. I would've just told them for health reasons I'm not allowed to donate. There are all sorts of different health issues that can make it so you can't donate (blood sugar problems, past issues with cancer, autoimmune disorders, etc).
A.Whovian
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Donating blood isn't mandatory. Forcing someone to donate is ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:26 PM
Wow, that's odd. I wonder what their deal is.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:27 PM

I couldnt donate for medical reasons. if you really like it there tell her that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:28 PM
True. It's something they should've already considered.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have an autoimmune disease, but it's not their business, Ya know?

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's weird considering it's volunteer work. I would've just told them for health reasons I'm not allowed to donate. There are all sorts of different health issues that can make it so you can't donate (blood sugar problems, past issues with cancer, autoimmune disorders, etc).
Keara20
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Lol why didn't they just call it mandatory blood giving or whatever. Wow, that was awful wording! lmao! I'm sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)