Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about leaving dh home alone while I go out of town for a week. 😬

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My dd, ds and I are going to visit family on the 27th until the 4th so dh will be home by himself. I'm worried because every time I go out of town, I come home to what looks like a frat house.

Dh owns a business with his dad and usually works anywhere from 9-14 hours a day. But when I go out of town he works extra hours to make more money, and he doesn't have to worry about not spending time with the kids and I.

So when he gets out of work he usually picks up fast food or orders pizza, then stays up half the night playing video games and talking to his buddies over Xbox. Then he gets up to work another 15-16 hrs after only sleeping a couple hours.

The comes home for lunch (more fast food). Bottom line he eats so much fast food when I'm not home. He says he's too tired after a long day and doesn't feel like it. Sometimes his buddies will come over for drinks and to play video games with him.

Its like he turns into a lazy bachelor when I leave, because when I come home there are clothes in the floor, empty fast food containers, his boot prints all over the floor, smh! I swear he's nothing like this when I'm home! At least the kitchen is clean lol.

I've tried premaking him meals but he doesn't touch them. He said when we're gone he just wants to work and then relax. Be messy, put his feet up and hang out with his friends and play video games. I guess it could be worse right lol

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:39 PM
Bump
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:40 PM
Honestly I'd schedule a maid service to come n clean the day b4 u come home. U can also have them take b4 and after pictures. N have hubby cover it
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:41 PM

tell him that is fine but he needs to scrub the house before you get home cause your going to be tired when you get home too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:41 PM
That sounds really good :)

Quoting fairymaid23: Honestly I'd schedule a maid service to come n clean the day b4 u come home. U can also have them take b4 and after pictures. N have hubby cover it
Jabojoe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:43 PM
I'm really a very picky housekeeper but I don't think this would bother me too much as long as he's not like that all the time, which you said he isn't. I would probably ask him to help clean it up a little when I got home though.
Amybelle
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Hired a House-Cleaning Service to come in a couple of days

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I worry about my husband when I go away too.

He once asked me what a saucepan was.
fairymaid23
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:46 PM
And since he works such hellish hours u can have a close friend or family member let the maid service in and either them or the maid can take pics. N u can have ur friend make sure shit is properly taken care of

Quoting Anonymous 1: That sounds really good :)
Quoting fairymaid23: Honestly I'd schedule a maid service to come n clean the day b4 u come home. U can also have them take b4 and after pictures. N have hubby cover it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:47 PM
Hahaha that's funny.

Quoting spooky415: I worry about my husband when I go away too.

He once asked me what a saucepan was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM
I have a neighbor that takes care of our dogs. He walks them and plays with them. I think he can do that

Quoting fairymaid23: And since he works such hellish hours u can have a close friend or family member let the maid service in and either them or the maid can take pics. N u can have ur friend make sure shit is properly taken care of
Quoting Anonymous 1: That sounds really good :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)