Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dh raised his hand at me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
We had a really bad argument that resulted in him raising his hand at me and continuously calling me names like cunt and bitch... In front of our 3 year old.

We were at a fast food restaurant eating in. Before I walked in i wanted to change our 1 year old's diaper in the car. I told dh to go right ahead and I would meet him in there. When I walked in, he didn't see me. I stood there for a whole minute as I watched him staring at one of the women inside. I mean his eyes were locked on her and at one point, he smiled at her. He turned and saw me a looked like he was looking at a ghost. His face turned red because he knew what I had just witnessed. I was bothered and he could see it. When we got in the car to go home he asked me what was wrong. I said "really"?? He replied "yea! What now!!!"?? I told him that I saw him staring at the woman inside the restaurant and then saw him smile at her. He got sooooo angry and called me a liar. He denied it all and continued to try to manipulate by being angry. I told him I wasnt going to downplay my feelings just because he wants to gain control by being angry. This made him even more upset. We argued all the way home and when we arrived, he told me that he fucking hates me and he wants me to leave. He called me a bitch ass cunt and said that I was the worst bitch Hes ever known. I told him to stop the name calling and the childish act.. He raised his hand and told me to shut the fuck up or he was going so slap the shit out of me. We are in the house and time has passed. Everynow and then when he walks into the room, he calls me cunt. Im getting so angry but IM trying to keep my cool for the kids' sake.

I cannot leave because I dont have anywhere to go. All my family lives in another state. I dont own a dime to my name. He is the only one that works right now and i am a sahm. I would have to ask one of my family members for a plane ticket and see if I could live with them until I could get on my own two feet
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Leave. Now. You don't want the same for your child. 

Hopingthistime
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I would leave. It's beyond insane for him to talk to you that way but also to threaten you. Someday he will probably get mad enough and hit you or one of your kids. Run....run fast.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Lovely.
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
And you're still there because?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:44 AM
Call the cops
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:44 AM
Leave. Now. He has threatened you with violence. Get out before he follows through.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:45 AM
I would have kicked him in the nuts, packed the kids and left.
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:45 AM
I'd pack up the children and leave.

What if he does actually hit you? What if he hits the children? I wouldn't take that risk.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:45 AM

So, are you going to wait around until he hits you or are you going to be smart and ditch the asshole?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)