Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm So Bummed...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

This is mostly a post for me to get this out of my head, otherwise it will stew and drive me nuts.

I am so bummed out right now. I had a huge work project come up at the beginning of this week that ended up leaving me totally swamped. I've been working all day and literally all night (8pm-7am) to try and meet a deadline. I was hoping to have everything done by Thursday night and that went out the window. Here we are Saturday night and I'm still plugging away at this bullshit.

Anyway, this project has me so busy that I wasn't able to do our usual Easter traditions and it's really eating me up inside. We didn't have time to go see the Easter bunny or dye eggs. We're having a our big egg hunt tomorrow and everything but I'm just sad that we didn't get to do the other stuff. It's my youngest son's first Easter too, so I feel like I missed out on  doing all the fun pre-Easter stuff. I know it's totally unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but it has still left me very sad this Easter-eve.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM
Sorry mama, the good news is it happens every year so there's always next year :)
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:18 AM
Don't beat yourself up. We aren't even doing an egg hunt. I just got done getting all their basket shit.
the_dude
by abides on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

:( I know how you feel. 

I have to work tomorrow because some nutjob attacked one of my colleges, broke his ankle... and he's now out for the six weeks leading up to my maternity leave... 

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Hugs can you maybe make a special breakfast to help make up for it. Spending time together is the important part and that's what your kiddos should learn from this easter. While doing all that other stuff is fun it's being together that's the best.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:22 AM
It'll be alright...
squeekers
by squeekers on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:24 AM
((((Hugs for the busy family ))))
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:26 AM
It's ok. You will have more Easters. Your kid won't know the difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:34 AM
We are dying eggs tomorrow;) we too have been so busy we didn't see the easter bunny...I was feeling a bad about it but I've decided we will make the best of it lol even if it means dying eggs on Easter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)