Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super Frustrated!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:39 AM
  • 8 Replies
I love my dd!!! She's 14 months and is a joy during the day. At night she is a nightmare. She's usually in bed asleep by 9:30, sometimes a little later if she took a nap after dinner. Big brother is in bed usually by 11 and he's 5 today.

By 1am though she is back up screaming constantly. She's not thirsty, wet, or cold. She sleeps with 2 blankets. Every damn time I think she's sound asleep, I attempt to put her down and the screaming begins again at least for 2 or more hours.

I just want to have a decent solid sleep for the both of us !!!! I'm the only one working in my house and just want sleep!
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:41 AM
Your five year old stays up until eleven? Whoa. I'd cut out the after dinner nap, and make sure she has a warm bath before bed.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:42 AM
Why not sleep in the same bed?
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:43 AM
Absolutely!

Quoting Retrokitty: Why not sleep in the same bed?
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:44 AM
Yes he does because im usually not home till 9:30 most nights. The after dinner nap sometimes happens mid eating and she will fall asleep in her dinner

Quoting MilkLover0203: Your five year old stays up until eleven? Whoa. I'd cut out the after dinner nap, and make sure she has a warm bath before bed.
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:47 AM
Most nights I have her brother in bed with me.

Trying to see if me sleeping in his bed next to her well work

Quoting iwicked: Absolutely!

Quoting Retrokitty: Why not sleep in the same bed?
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:50 AM
Does she nap during the day?
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:52 AM
As far as I know, yes. Her big nap is after lunch 1-330

Quoting Cbreland07: Does she nap during the day?
jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:10 AM

sounds like you all need a better sleep schedule.. your 5 yaer old will be starting school soon if he's not in it alreadly. and will need a new sleep schedule anyways. Start putting them down an hour earlier for now.. and every week, reduce it down an hour..

so that for now.. they are in bed and sleeping by 9. I get that you want to see your babies when you get out of work, but especially with your 5 year old starting school soon enough, they need to get more sleep.

keeping a strict bed time helps kids get better sleep.  Your 14 month old should be getting about 14 hours of sleep with 11 of those being at night. So she should wake up around 8 if you put her to bed at 9pm .  From there, a nap around 10:30 am. a nap around 1pm and if needed a nap around 4pm. Or a longer nap around 10:30am and a longer nap around 2pm.

Your 5 year old should be getting 10-12 hours of sleep a night as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)