Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c sections and exercise

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:47 AM
  • 41 Replies
It's been six weeks
After the six weeks.

Did you have restrictions on what type of work outs you were allowed to do or not allowed?

Telling my mother about how I'm working out, and now she has me all worried I'm causing damage somehow or going to.

my understanding I thought there was NO restrictions of any sort after six weeks
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannonAKAmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:48 AM
None what so ever. It's actually encouraged to help heal the muscle.
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM
As long as your doctor clears you, you're free to do what you're comfortable with.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:52 AM
So crunches and lunges and planks won't cause damage?

Quoting ShannonAKAmom: None what so ever. It's actually encouraged to help heal the muscle.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM
I haven't been to Dr yet to be cleared but I've had no complications in my healing what so ever
So I know he'd clear me. And never once have I pushed passed being comfortable

Quoting MilkLover0203: As long as your doctor clears you, you're free to do what you're comfortable with.
Mandycakes87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:53 AM
Most people with normally healed c-sections are encouraged to work out to whatever extent their bodies are comfortable with from 6 weeks on.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:55 AM
Okay good cuz now I'm a little discouraged and worried

But I had no complication in healing what so ever snd I my pain level never went passed a 3
Even the day after it

Quoting Mandycakes87: Most people with normally healed c-sections are encouraged to work out to whatever extent their bodies are comfortable with from 6 weeks on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM
Do whatever you're comfortable with. Sore is okay, hurt is not. If you become sore, slow down and stop soon. If you start to hurt, stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM
The only pain I had, was moving boxes around dd's room, when I boxed up newborn and 0-3 month clothes. I still remember the pain of moving the boxes to the top of her closet. I would ease into any weight lifting, but sit ups and walking/ jogging were fine for me. Good luck!
ShannonAKAmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM
Nope. I was always scared of that too. But there is a reason why the take the stitches/staples out after a week or so. It actually heals rather quickly. The layers in the inside with the dissolving stitches may take slightly longer, but after your 6 weeks, if Dr. released you w/o complications, exercise will only do you good.

Quoting Mamajustice92: So crunches and lunges and planks won't cause damage?

Quoting ShannonAKAmom: None what so ever. It's actually encouraged to help heal the muscle.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:59 AM
Okay Thank you

I don't even have soreness when it comes to c section scar and stuff
I don't even realize I had one six weeks ago I feel so good

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do whatever you're comfortable with. Sore is okay, hurt is not. If you become sore, slow down and stop soon. If you start to hurt, stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)