Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Df says I am getting too small?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
To start, I am not particularly thin. He says I am starting to look sickly, and that he thinks I should gain a little back.
I still have a tummy. I just have a prominent rib cage.. No one would look at me with clothes on and think that I was too thin..
He seems worried, though. I really don't know what to tell him. I am a healthy weight, and eat enough.. I don't know how to go about getting him to back off without him being worried.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cocoroo
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:47 AM
How tall are you and what do you weigh? What did you weigh before?

I lost 45 lbs from medication. My dh messes with me that I lost my booty, but that's it. I was chubby before. Now, I think I look good.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:50 AM

Would it help him believe you if you showed him a BMI chart? (assuming you don't fall into the underweight range on it)

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Go to the doctor. And if he says you're fine, tell your hubby he has nothing to worry about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:53 AM
I was 135lbs of muscle when we met. I have gone through weight gain with pregnancy, and am now down to 117 post partum. (5'4")
I just don't think he is used to seeing me smaller. I admit I look sickly in the face, but that's not related to weight.

Quoting cocoroo: How tall are you and what do you weigh? What did you weigh before?

I lost 45 lbs from medication. My dh messes with me that I lost my booty, but that's it. I was chubby before. Now, I think I look good.
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:54 AM
Speak to a nutritionist or a doctor. You'll either soothe your husband's fears or find out he's right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:57 AM
Never mind. Your numbers are fine. You've probably just lost a lot of muscle weight. It's up to you whether you want to get it back or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)