Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have one hour And I don't know what to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Ds is 3. He's just been standing and saying to his father "moms a fucking moron isn't she dad"

Now. Dh didn't answer. I'm seriously disgusted at the language and the total lack of respect, ds is supposed to be going on an Easter egg hunt in an hour, it's almost 11am, were supposed to leave at 12

My only thoughts are, he really doesn't deserve to go. Not. At all. But the woman were supposed to be doing it with is a single mother to 4 children under 5 so I feel guilty letting her down seeing as it's a planned event.

What do I do? If I take ds and not let him join in dh will go mad! I just don't know
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o.O....
by Cara on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:56 AM
Your three year old heard that somewhere- that's the issue you need to focus on.
md3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:57 AM
Agreed. And your friend should understand. She's a mom too.

Quoting o.O....: Your three year old heard that somewhere- that's the issue you need to focus on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:58 AM
Oh I know where he heard it. And that has been resolved. Hence not focussing on that part

Quoting o.O....: Your three year old heard that somewhere- that's the issue you need to focus on.
Kmary
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:59 AM
Your kid is 3. He doesn't understand how severely awful and disrespectful that is. Forget punishing him and punish the piece of garbage he obviously overheard saying crap like that. I'm guessing that'd be your dh...
o.O....
by Cara on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:01 AM
He's just repeating. He's not voicing an original opinion. Talk to him about it and let him go.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh I know where he heard it. And that has been resolved. Hence not focussing on that part

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:02 AM
Good guess. Which is why dh didn't respond. We had a long conversation about all the stuff he says and what ds is picking up on. It's awful!

Quoting Kmary: Your kid is 3. He doesn't understand how severely awful and disrespectful that is. Forget punishing him and punish the piece of garbage he obviously overheard saying crap like that. I'm guessing that'd be your dh...
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Put him in timeout and wait for an apology. Make sure "dad" has a few words with him about how wrong it was for dad to say those words. Let son watch dad give a heartfelt apology to you as well. Once all that is done salvage your day and go on the egg hunt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Ok, thanks for the insight.

Quoting o.O....: He's just repeating. He's not voicing an original opinion. Talk to him about it and let him go.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh I know where he heard it. And that has been resolved. Hence not focussing on that part

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:03 AM
He's 3!! He's repeating what he heard! It isn't like he came up wih that on his own or even knows what he's saying. How was it resolved? What "punishment" is the person who taught him that getting? Did he hear it from his dad?

Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:03 AM
It's not just about what son is picking up on, but that no loving spouse should ever call the person they love an f'ing moron. Ever. No matter of there is an audience or not. Dad needs to model respectful behavior. He's teaching him how to treat his own future wife.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good guess. Which is why dh didn't respond. We had a long conversation about all the stuff he says and what ds is picking up on. It's awful!
Quoting Kmary: Your kid is 3. He doesn't understand how severely awful and disrespectful that is. Forget punishing him and punish the piece of garbage he obviously overheard saying crap like that. I'm guessing that'd be your dh...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)