Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you make your stuffing?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
  • 23 Replies
Store bought, boxed stuffing?
Family recipe?
Pre stuffed bird?

I make it how my mom, and grandma did growing up. You get used to what you were raised on, and I've never tried another stuffing I liked so far! (Not that I would ever tell the chef that lol)

How do you make yours? And do your kids eat it?

Mine:

Bread
savory (newfie)
Onion
Butter
Salt & pepper
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:18 AM

I use boxed, but I sautee celery and onion to add into it. Then bake it in the oven for a bit to get a nice crust on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:19 AM

Out of a box.  Stove Top.  Turkey flavor. I don't put it in the bird.  That's how my mom always did it too.  I have had better stuffing though.  I'm just lazy.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:21 AM
Anymore stove top with added veggies.
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:23 AM

i make more of a bread stuffing.  my mother made it...

sausage out of its casing.  brown.  save fat and sautee onions

stuffing bread crumbled

celery

thyme

chicken stock & water

TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:25 AM
i use the box kind. I mix the cornbread and herb box. I make it with the turkey stock add add in sliced almonds and cranberries to it.
mom32of2
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM
Apparently, your not even supposed to stuff the bird anymore! (I think I read that from Health Canada's recommendations).

I still do, we all survived! Lol I like throwing it in the oven after though to get a little crispy. Yummm!!

I wouldn't say lazy, theres already to much to do :) Have you ever made your own home made?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Out of a box.  Stove Top.  Turkey flavor. I don't put it in the bird.  That's how my mom always did it too.  I have had better stuffing though.  I'm just lazy.

mom32of2
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:38 AM
I've never tried a stuffing with sausage! Do your kids eat it?

Only one of mine does. I remember it being my favorite part of the meal as a kid - still is!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

i make more of a bread stuffing.  my mother made it...

sausage out of its casing.  brown.  save fat and sautee onions

stuffing bread crumbled

celery

thyme

chicken stock & water

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:40 AM

I haven't tried making home made.  Maybe I'll try it next time.  :)

Quoting mom32of2: Apparently, your not even supposed to stuff the bird anymore! (I think I read that from Health Canada's recommendations). I still do, we all survived! Lol I like throwing it in the oven after though to get a little crispy. Yummm!! I wouldn't say lazy, theres already to much to do :) Have you ever made your own home made?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

mom32of2
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:41 AM
I put mine in the oven after too to get it a little crispy. Crispy pieces are my favorite part!

I think adding your own ingredients to a boxed stuffing makes a big difference! Especially the onion! Yum!

Are you doing a dinner today?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I use boxed, but I sautee celery and onion to add into it. Then bake it in the oven for a bit to get a nice crust on it.

chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:02 AM
I used boxed but dress it up. I get kind of fancy: cranberries, sausage, onion and chopped walnuts go into my boxed stuffing. So it's almost made from scratch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)