Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i use adult conditioner on my baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My baby girl just turned 2. She has my thick frizzy hair which is a staight wavy like mine but i need a bunch of conditionner to keep it under control with the frizziness. I usually wash her hair with and j&j shampoo that also has some conditioner in it. But lately it has just been super frizzy probally because its getting longer and thicker. I usually just do hairstylrs with her hair tied up but We have a family brunch this morning and i want her hair to be down for today and nice looking. I use a conditioner which avocado in it but it has a bunch of chemicals children conditioner dont. It works miracle on my hair though so should i try it on dd for today or is it going to be to harsh on her baby hair? Good or bad idea?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:34 AM

yes

bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:36 AM
Yes and you should I had to start around that age with my dd as well
but I used natural things idk about chemicals
Yami1980
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:37 AM
Yes, just try a little
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:37 AM
I think it's not a big deal and the bigger issue is just making sure you don't get it in her eyes.
LyTe684
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:37 AM
She's not a baby.

Sure you can. I never used baby stuff on my dd hair.
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:43 AM
I've been using adult conditioner on my daughter since about that age. She has difficult hair but the conditioner helps us brush it out and makes it smoother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:46 AM
You can, as long as she hasn't had any sensitive skin issues, you're careful not to get it in her eyes, and you watch to make sure she's not allergic. The j&j has a bunch of chemicals too, they're just heavily tested on animals to make sure they won't blind your baby if they get in her eyes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)