Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unique names... Odd names.. WTH were parents thinking...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

just because I have been seeing a lot of name posts.  thought this was a good read.

look at the names in the comments (cant post all the comments there are thousands of them)

https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/photos/a.102107073196735.4429.102099916530784/936715633069204/?type=1&theater

Sometimes I hate my name because it always draws attention to me, and I’m not a very social person. My family moved this year from Pennsylvania. I was so scared the first day of school that someone would notice me. I wouldn’t even adjust my seat because I thought it would make a noise. One time I really had to cough, but I held it in. When the teacher started calling attendance, I got really nervous, because every time people learn my name is Beyoncé, somebody starts singing ‘Single Ladies.’ And some did, of course. But the second day of school wasn’t too bad. Because everyone knew my name.”

Kwanpeemai Panorchan Been there too Beyonce. My name literally means "Happy New Year"in Thai and it has tremendously drawn teachers' attention. There was a point where I decided to have my name changed as soon as I'm old enough to do that. I'm now in my 30's and feel so glad I didn't have it changed. I now love my name and love the person I've been with it.

Btw, reading your story and all the comment here will make me smile for several days. Thanks guys! 

Journey Zephyr Wade-Hak I can't go anywhere without hearing "Don't Stop Believin'."

Abeer Khan My name is Abeer Khan. And people won't stop calling me A Beer Can.

Anniken Hundvik My name sounds like Anakin when you pronounce it in English. I worked in the Norwegian pavilion at Epcot in Orlando, and the question was always: "Is your last name Skywalker?" 
To top it all of; My birthday is May 4th... So from "Anakin" to you; May the fourth be with you 

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:43 AM
I saw that yesterday and was cracking up the comments. My favorite was from a Bridgette Jones and she said 'if I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me about my diary...'
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I havent read through all of them, but it is funny.

Quoting Momeficient: I saw that yesterday and was cracking up the comments. My favorite was from a Bridgette Jones and she said 'if I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me about my diary...'

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:47 AM
Awww!
My two year old has a name that's not common in our area.
Everyone calls him Abraham and he responds to it now :(
We were waiting at the hospital for a test and she called "Abraham?" He turned around, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yami1980
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:50 AM
Hahaha, poor kids
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM

B

AJsMom81507

U

AJsMom81507

M

AJsMom81507

P

AJsMom81507

bored while i am waiting for the kids to wake up

V35
by Veronica. on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:08 AM
A name might be interesting or fun when a kid is little but Arwen Leia has never forgiven her parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)