Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just went on strike

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I told dh this morning I'm officially on strike. Let me start off by saying dh is a very good man just dumb at times.

I grounded our kids because they went to get their hair done. The only one who actually got their hair done was my 4 year old. My 7 and 6 year old has half of their hair done. They screamed cried, told the lady they hated her and so forth. I paid over 100 to get their hair done and it's not done. I grounded them and dh told me they are off punishment today.

They are off punishment so he can cook easter dinner. This isn't the first time he has undermined what I said. So he has to do everything, cook, clean, get them dressed, make sure their hair is done, home work is done, make sure they don't get in trouble, take them to their appointments and so forth.

He doesn't understand all that I do so I'm going to show him. He will give up by day 2. LOL
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM
You both sound dumb
TraceEvidence
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM
meh
AudreySays
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
You're childish.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:19 AM
I don't get it.

What does easter dinner have to do with them being grounded.

I banish ds to his room even when he's not grounded during holidays prep bc he gets in the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM
What does the kids being grounded have to do with him cooking?
o.O....
by Cara on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Weird.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM
I don't think holidays should be used as a punishment.
Salut123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Getting your hair done, what does that mean exactly? Did it hurt? Have they complained in the past?

tclaurend
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:37 AM
I agree that it is wrong for him to undermine your parenting, but I would never punish my children on a holiday. Especially at the young ages they are. I have never heard of someone withholding a holiday dinner because their children acted out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:44 AM

No wonder your children act immature... their parents aren't very good examples of maturity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)