Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

easter basket pictures

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Every yr people post pictures of their kids Easter baskets I know Christmas is worse. My daughters are spoiled on holidays they get a bag from my mom, a basket from dh and I (Easter bunny) and a card from my grandma. Every year I take a picture of their baskets but I can't being myself to post the pictures.
I see everyone's and I think it's kind of vain even I think did I get them enough for Easter? If I post will it upset dhs parents who have 9 grandchildren and can't afford to buy each one a Easter gifts. (my parents only have my 3kids right now) I know they love all of their grandkids and would do it if they could but they can't.
So I decided to take the picture and save it. I decided ill post pictures of them opening the baskets instead. I do the same for Christmas! What do you think? Do you post Easter baskets? Do you feel jealous that you can't give your kids as much as others?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM
I don't post pics and I don't compare. *shrugs*
-OriginalPoster
by -NotOP on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM
Some people are insane. We have little kids. So we are doing Easter on Tuesday. But no I won be posting pics of their baskets. I will of the egg hunt of course.
djamommyoftwo
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM
I posted a pic of their baskets but you can't really tell what's all in there. I don't do it brag. We don't go over the top for Easter. Just some traditional candies and small toys.
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM
I won't post because it has their names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM
I really never use my Facebook.

So, no. I do take pictures, but pretty much just for my own collection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:19 AM
I'll post anonymously, but I don't get jealous. We choose not to go overboard.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM
My baskets are small. Easter isn't xmas. There's coloring books, kinder eggs, jelly beans, a bunny tumbler, stickers, new crayons, egg coloring kit, penut butter eggs, a hollow bunny and a hollow egg with his name on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM
If yo think it will cause a problem, don't do it. I don't see what the fascination is with photographing every moment of our lives. Quick, your kids headed to the bathroom! Get a picture of him taking a shit! Sharing pictures indeed may result in "why didnt MY kid get a basket from granny?" And then next year she just won't give your kids a basket Nd if will be your fault for over sharing every meaningless second of your life
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM
I'm not jealous of parents that can give their kids more than I can. I try to teach mine to appreciate what they have and what they get. I also teach them not to gloat. They're only 3 and 2, but they'll be in school eventually and I wouldn't want them to gloat around kids who may be less fortunate. I'll be able to give them a lot more once I'm done with school and have a job in the medical field.
circle_of_life
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:26 AM

I'm not worried about how much crap other people get their kids. Mine get a moderate amount. Not skimpy, but it ain't Christmas either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)