Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Quick!!!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

So I am making a badass carrot cake for an event today and then it came down to the frosting.

I looked up 100 recipes and they all pretty much call for the same thing and I followed them all pretty good.... Some have more butter than others and some have more sugar than others...

But I don't eat the shit. I tasted it and I just gagged.

So HOW is it SUPPOSE to taste?? More cheesey? More sweet? I don't know. It doesn't taste good to me at all and I don't want to send a cake to people if it will taste shitty but I don't know HOW it suppose to taste.

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jodee24
by Sliceoflife on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM
That's one cake I don't make! Bump
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM
I assume cream cheese frosting? Honestly I like my frosting to sit overnight so the flavor melds together better, but yeah it's pretty sweet. It doesn't taste all that great by itself.
FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM
If I remember correctly it's buttery sweet. Does that make sense?
AnonyMinnie
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Yes.

I just wanted this to be perfect. I copied all the recipes pretty much but I don't know I am worried.

Quoting smorgan865: I assume cream cheese frosting? Honestly I like my frosting to sit overnight so the flavor melds together better, but yeah it's pretty sweet. It doesn't taste all that great by itself.

AnonyMinnie
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM

ty

Quoting FrumpyPigSkin: If I remember correctly it's buttery sweet. Does that make sense?

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:17 AM

This is the recipe for frosting a carrot cake I use. It is sweet the spiciness of the carrot cake offsets the sweetness.

• 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 16 ounce box confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 cup stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM
I never like how my icing tastes, but it always seem good on the cake. I'm sure it's right. Sucks that you can't cut a little piece and try them together!

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

Yes.

I just wanted this to be perfect. I copied all the recipes pretty much but I don't know I am worried.

Quoting smorgan865: I assume cream cheese frosting? Honestly I like my frosting to sit overnight so the flavor melds together better, but yeah it's pretty sweet. It doesn't taste all that great by itself.

beco8627
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:28 AM
This is exactly how I make my frosting for carrot cake. I promise, it's delicious

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

This is the recipe for frosting a carrot cake I use. It is sweet the spiciness of the carrot cake offsets the sweetness.

• 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature

• 1 16 ounce box confectioners sugar

• 1/2 cup stick unsalted butter, softened

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:31 AM
Badass carrot cake.
You're my favorite. Lol.

I'm no help though, so bump!
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:58 AM
Cream cheese frosting should be pretty sweet. It doesn't taste very good alone, but the spices in the cake make it go well with the frosting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)