Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't allow unannounced guests

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 230 Replies
4 moms liked this
Because I only want guests if my house is perfect and it seldom is so I refuse any guests who don't call first. I just leave them at the door
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Seems like a lot of people are like that. I don't really care if people stop by but it's nice if they give a heads up. We live so far out that people generally want to make sure we're here anyway before they make the trek. Lol
LukeWarmwater
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM
10 moms liked this

You sound like a very difficult and tight assed person.  I doubt many people want to visit you, anyway.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

My house is always open to guests during the day. My issue is after 7 at night. I think its extremely rude.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I can't say that people often just show up, but the more the merrier. I'll make it work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate when people come by unannounced. If i can not answer i dont. I tell my parents time a,d time again to call prior to stopping by...they never do. I cannot leave them outside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:02 AM
5 moms liked this

That's rude of you. Most people who are coming to visit you, are coming to see you, not your house, so they probably couldn't care less that it's not perfect as long as they're not sticking to the furniture.

momof3grls4517
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:02 AM
there is another member who made this exact post. I don't mind if people stop by but my house is normally clean. it does make me mad when my husband likes to drop in on people unannounced.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this
I doubt that's a major issue for you somehow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:02 AM
They do. I ask that they call first. If they don't I refuse to come to the door.

Quoting LukeWarmwater:

You sound like a very difficult and tight assed person.  I doubt many people want to visit you, anyway.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
While I prefer to have my house "perfect" when people stop by, my house is always pretty presentable, so I don't mind unexpected guests. I love my friends, family and neighbors because they love me for being me. We have unexpected guests probably 2-3 times a week. Usually it's a neighbor stopping by for a drink or to bring us a yummy baked good.

I just assume people will be popping in all of the time, so my main living areas stay clean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)