Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it anyone's business but my mother's and mine?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
My son apparently is upset that I never told him that I was adopted. We never talk about it since we are just as connected by the heart as we would be by blood. I say talking about me being adopted and saying I'm her adopted daughter creates an unnecessary wedge. 

But he will get over it. We haven't spoken of it since I was a child so why bring it up now
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Not really his business. I guess I just don't understand why he's upset. I could see him being upset if he was adopted and just found out......
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:59 AM
I agree.

Quoting LyTe684: Not really his business. I guess I just don't understand why he's upset. I could see him being upset if he was adopted and just foind out......
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:00 PM
This

Quoting LyTe684: Not really his business. I guess I just don't understand why he's upset. I could see him being upset if he was adopted and just foind out......
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand why he would be upset.  It affects him as far as his medical history goes.  He can get a real history from his father's side - but only YOUR history on his mother's side.

I was adopted.  My kids know this as it affects them, personally.  Just because they are aware of this doesn't mean my relationship with my parents (my adopted parents) is any less special or important or real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:09 PM
I know my real med history but he's 15 and I still fill out forms for him most of the time.

Quoting TableforSeven:

I can understand why he would be upset.  It affects him as far as his medical history goes.  He can get a real history from his father's side - but only YOUR history on his mother's side.

I was adopted.  My kids know this as it affects them, personally.  Just because they are aware of this doesn't mean my relationship with my parents (my adopted parents) is any less special or important or real.

star33
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:11 PM
I like this, but I see both sides.

Quoting TableforSeven:

firespurity
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM
I've always been aware that my mother was adopted. It's important for offspring to know. My grandparents on my mom's side are just as bonded with me as my grandparents on my fathers side. It in no way drives a wedge for me to have that knowledge. Genetically it's important to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Whether it's his business or not I think it's deceitful on your part not to tell him. His reaction proves it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM
It never came up or needed to

Quoting Anonymous 2: Whether it's his business or not I think it's deceitful on your part not to tell him. His reaction proves it.
angl_gurl1
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM

its not his business so he really has no reason to be upset

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)