Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband suffering from depression

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
My husband and I have been together for 7 years, married for 3. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and we have a son together. 2 years after we got together my husband had brain surgery because he had bleeding in his brain. After the brain surgery his personality changed. 2 years later and 6 weeks before our wedding, he suffered from a seizure which was related to the brain surgery. That was 3 years ago. He takes medication for his seizures. That medication in the beginning was rough it has many side affects.
In November he took a new position at his job. He hated it and now he's suffering from really bad depression and anxiety. He's on meds and sees a psychologist. He recently took a leave of absence from work. This is affecting our kids, especially our son, he's 6.

Before the depression we were having issues. My husband is a great provider, wonderful father but he sucks as a husband. We rarely went out, and he didn't give me attention, the sex was predictable if we did have it. He's the type of person to focus on something that needs to be fixed around the house, and can't focus on anything else. During this time, I would talk to Him about how I felt, and I sent him different articles everyday about love and marriage. Nothing changed so I pretty much just gave up. Now with this onset of depression. I just can't do this anymore. Every 2 years since we've been together, he's had a different medical issue. I know that sounds horrible and makes me sound like a bitch. But I wasn't getting what I wanted out of the marriage before and now his depression has made everything worse. I'm only 30,and I'm lonely and stressed out, I'm worried about how this is affecting my kids. I don't know if he'll ever be the same again. I lost half the man after brain surgery and now this. I'm not even sure if I want to be with him anymore, I fell out of love with him over a year ago.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I stayed with my x hubby out of pity for 5 years. It was 5 years too long. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)