Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pinterest Hit or Pinterest Fail?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:18 PM
  • 57 Replies

Come on, you know you tried something fun for Easter or Passover this year...did it work out the way you expected?  Post your pictures!  

I did the colored deviled eggs, chocolate pretzel bird nest & whipped cream marble eggs...I think they turned out pretty good!

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:19 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Mobile Photo

We made a peeps dirt cake. I love Pinterest.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I didn't do anything for easter. I have tried a bunch of stuff on pinterest. I have had pretty good success so far. Although I haven't tried any of the big projects yet.

whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM

That looks great!  I LOVE dirt cake...I've never seen it any color other than brown...this looks pretty but is probably just as delicious as the original!  I love pinterest as well!  I also LOVE the pinterest "fail" slide shows...I should submit a few pic there as well!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

We made a peeps dirt cake. I love Pinterest.

whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Post some pics if you have them...they don't have to just be from Easter.  I love getting ideas from other moms!

Quoting Seagodess:

I didn't do anything for easter. I have tried a bunch of stuff on pinterest. I have had pretty good success so far. Although I haven't tried any of the big projects yet.

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:28 PM
How'd you color the egg whites? I've never done that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hard boil your eggs as usual, peel and half removing the yolk.  Use warm (not hot or the eggs will get rubbery) water with a drop of food coloring.  Let them soak like you would hard boiled eggs.  I used the same water for both the egg whites and the hard boiled eggs & they came out fine.  Do not add vinegar to the water or your eggs will taste like vinegar.  I'm thinking that next time I'll try doing it by coloring the water with Turmeric, cayanne cpepper, cilantro and purple onions.  I think it might be good to have the flavor and the color should be nice as well.  

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: How'd you color the egg whites? I've never done that.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Click for OptionsClick for Options

I made these for christmas.

Quoting whoodathunk:

Post some pics if you have them...they don't have to just be from Easter.  I love getting ideas from other moms!

Quoting Seagodess:

KrysRed
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM
We were too busy this year to do anything for easter. But my mom made Upside down Pineapple cupcakes, with the insperation of Pinterest.
whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM

The pics didn't come through.  Can you try again?  

Quoting Seagodess:

Click for OptionsClick for Options

I made these for christmas.

Quoting whoodathunk:

Quoting Seagodess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)