Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe this shouldn't surprise me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
But it does.

How do so many grown women not know that organ harvesting has to be done while the donor's body is alive? Once your heart stops pumping your organs die, and if doctors could transplant dead organs there wouldn't be a waiting list.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM

it's because they forget reality when arguing on here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:39 PM

I honestly didn't know that. So doctors are harvesting eye balls, hearts, skin, and everything in between while the donor is still alive? When do they decide to start butchering the person?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a harsh reality that many avoid thinking of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I think sometimes people think that because the brain is dead when the organs are harvested, that the body is also dead.  Most of the time, without the aid of machines, the body would cease to function, so essentially it is dead.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this
It is not a sustainable life. Organs are harvested after brain death. You may not believe it's good, but people saved by it do.
piperhalliwell1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM

When all their tests show the patient is completely brain dead. They keep the heart pumping by machine until the organs are harvested.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I honestly didn't know that. So doctors are harvesting eye balls, hearts, skin, and everything in between while the donor is still alive? When do they decide to start butchering the person?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

it's because they forget reality when arguing on here.

Lol! I guess. Does their common sense stop working too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM
So, in your view I must be an idiot for knowing both of my parents were DEAD, as in no life signs, no brain activity, no heartbeat, etc, when their organ donations took place??? That the doctors faked their deaths right in front of a bunch of friends and family? That my final goodbyes and holding their hands as they slipped away wasn't real?

Their organs were donated as quickly, yet respectfully as soon as possible.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM
I pretty much said the same thing in the other post about it

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I think sometimes people think that because the brain is dead when the organs are harvested, that the body is also dead.  Most of the time, without the aid of machines, the body would cease to function, so essentially it is dead.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM

By machine, yes.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)