Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did anyone not do Easter baskets?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
We're just doing the Easter hunt
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:27 PM
We didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:29 PM
We barely did. Just a small bucket per kid.
If we didn't have a 1 year old I probably wouldn't have done them at all. The older kids are 11 (almost 12), 10.5 and 9. They don't care anymore and we're atheist so it's not really even a holiday for us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM

My mother-in-law sent baskets for the kids and I added things to them, but I don't generally do anything special for Easter.

mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM
We did, but just small cheap ones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM

we are the opposite. we never do easter egg hunts. but we always do easter baskets. thats something you can enjoy no matter how old you are. I always go all out on the baskets. my husband never got 1 easter basket as a kid growing up. his parents were just lazy. my mom made us easter baskets every year even as adults. 

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I didn't, Marissa'salmost 9, and outgrew the Easter Bunny this year, she did get some stuff though, 2 movies, 2 stufffed animals, a watch and some candy.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM
We aren't doing anything.
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Same here.

Quoting cntrdmom: We aren't doing anything.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:38 PM
We never do. We do an egg hunt & the kids each get 1 "prize" plus whatever I decide to put in the eggs that year.
TediLee
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Um ... what are they going to put the eggs in? Just curious because that was part of the easter basket growing up for me. My girls lost their easter baskets but they get to attend church all day as a reward for their mouths. My church offers all day boring church on the holidays for people who don't have families or are super religious. So I left them with elderly parishners all day and told them they earned it and they will thank me for being strict tonight or they are on full restriction until their attitudes change. They also get quized on church and punished for not paying attention but they asked for it so that's what they got for Easter.

Oh and for those who think I'm harsh on my kids. Two weeks ago when I was trying to be less strict they both raided my closet (huge no no) for church and when I wouldn't let one wear tight clothes and the other wear makeup both to church one had a melt down and said that's the only way she's going anywhere and the other called me a b*tch I told them they lost easter and they both got their butts beat, they got sent to our pastor to discuss their behavior and pictures sent to their dad who spanked them again just for the way they dressed. Touching my things without my permission is enough to get them in trouble but putting on my stuff they asked to be in major trouble because that all had to be destroyed so they're grounded until the clothes and make up is replaced. I won't use stuff they destroyed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)