Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ER worthy or wait it out

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:53 PM
  • 35 Replies
I know it's time that my almost 3 year old gets seen by a dr, but do I take him today (which. Would mean ER visit) or wait and try to get a regular appointment tomorrow?

He has a a bad cold since last weekend, but starting on Wednesday he developed the stomach flu, throwing up and fever. He was tired but began to eat a little yesterday (stopped throwing up at 1 am Friday, had some diarrhea on and off Friday) but last night (Saturday) he started throwing up again. He hasn't thrown up today but keeps grabbing his belly and crying and/or screaming in pain. He has been fever free since Friday, will drink a little bit, but no appetite
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Take him to the ER
addykarder19
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM
He also did not have a BM two days prior to the diarrhea and hasn't had one since Friday nights last episode of diarrhea, although he hasn't ate anything to get rid of it either
chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM
I would be at the ER. Better safe than sorry. I took my mine in the day before yesterday for less than that.
LyTe684
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Wait.
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM
I'd take him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Why didnt you take him to the doc sooner? Poor kid could get dehydrated easily with all that vomitting and diarreha. I would give him pedialyte and go to the doctor first thing in the morning. Unless its not night where you are (midnight here), then I'd say go now so you can get meds and put the poor child out of misery.
Barabell
by ~~CC~~ on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I thought the concern with stomach bugs is dehydration, and so if he is keeping down fluids then personally I would wait. If he is not keeping down fluids, then I would take him to the ER.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Your kid has been sick since Wednesday and you're debating on whether to get him seen?

Choobang
by Choo Choo on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM
It's your call. Have you tried children's pepto or pedialyte yet? I was in the ER last week with my 15 year old. He had the flu but we were there for almost 4 hours. As long as he isn't dehydrated and his fever is down you may be able to wait it out until tomorrow. GL
Mom2onebeauty
by *Lin* on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree.

Quoting LyTe684: Wait.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)