Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter has gone crazy!!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
Am I the only one who thinks that Easter is becoming crazy?! It's not Christmas or a birthday. Do children need 20 gifts at every holiday?

I think it's ridiculous. We are raising spoiled children. When was a small chocolate or gift or nothing except family time no longer enough ?!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Who gives a shit
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM
I always got gifts growing up at easter. Then we would have a chocolate egg hunt. It's spring or summer items. I loved it. It may look like a lot, but it is cheaper things than Christmas.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It hasn't for us. It's pretty mild. My mom brought the boys Easter baskets. They never got them before so they were happily surprised. We just don't make a big deal out of holidays. I got the boys 12 gifts a piece for Christmas this past year. I will NOT be doing this year. Not a chance.

nachobizness
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I always get summer items. Swimsuits flip flops some candy bubbles sidewalk chalk and book.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Ine gift and alot of candy is fine. I saw somebodys photo on "what does your basket look like" post and it was like a small christmas. That lady deff spoils her kids!
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Oh ffs this has been done to death today.

Most kids aren't getting birthday and Christmas level gifts. Most probably ARE getting some couple of small gifts (or one slightly better) In their basket.

Why do you care what others do? Do you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree no reason to break the bank for Easter. My kids a got some candy a chocolate bunny and a small cheap toy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:33 PM
I don't think it's gone crazy and my girls all got baskets. Oldest got 2 3ds games though she has to use my ds. She also got lots of lip gloss, socks, hot hues for her hair, earrings, jewelry, candy. She's 15

14 year old got divergent on blu ray, 2 books, underwear, socks, metallic colored pencils, pots to make lip gloss, make up. Candy.

7 year old got ds game, search and find book, earrings, socks, underwear, jewelry, lip gloss, fake nails, candy

4 year old got. Lot of stuff. I am forgetting a lot but I spent well over $50 on each kid.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM
3 moms liked this

I no longer celebrate but as a kid I remember getting a jump rope,maybe a hula hoop, some candy and a new outfit and I loved it. We spent all day outside playing with our cousins and neighborhood kids.  Nothing like Im seeing all over CM or facebook with piles of toys.  It's sad how materialistic kids are being raised these days.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Doesn't your house fill up with junk?!

Quoting Anonymous 4: I don't think it's gone crazy and my girls all got baskets. Oldest got 2 3ds games though she has to use my ds. She also got lots of lip gloss, socks, hot hues for her hair, earrings, jewelry, candy. She's 15

14 year old got divergent on blu ray, 2 books, underwear, socks, metallic colored pencils, pots to make lip gloss, make up. Candy.

7 year old got ds game, search and find book, earrings, socks, underwear, jewelry, lip gloss, fake nails, candy

4 year old got. Lot of stuff. I am forgetting a lot but I spent well over $50 on each kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)