Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keto?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
Anyone follow the ketogenic diet? Any success stories?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
.PinkSunshine.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:22 PM

no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:25 PM

YES!  I work with epileptic teens/adults and have seen amazing results.  Also, my husband has focal and tonic clonic seizures that have 100% disappeared since starting keto.  I have myself and rest of family on the same diet and we are all loving it.  

Why are you interested?  I could be more specific if I knew :) 

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:25 PM

A friend of mine did it with her daughter a few years ago.  She has a rare and severe form of epilepsy (doos syndrome)  I want to say they tried it for a solid 18 months.  In the beginning there was improvement but it did not fix it the way they thought it would.  Cut to three years later and brain surgery, she just found out her stbxh constantly cheated while their daughter was on it.  

I do know that it was a giant pain in the ass for her, but once they were a few months in it got a lot easier because they knew what she could eat and what she couldn't and the scale was just something they did.

MommyStar3343
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:20 PM
I did it in the past and lost a ton of inches! I fell off when I restarted classes so I'm working to get back on track. =)

That's great about the results you have seen! I hope I see results again!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

YES!  I work with epileptic teens/adults and have seen amazing results.  Also, my husband has focal and tonic clonic seizures that have 100% disappeared since starting keto.  I have myself and rest of family on the same diet and we are all loving it.  Why are you interested?  I could be more specific if I knew :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:45 PM

DH started that diet in combination with working out and he started losing weight like crazy! He was down 30 lbs about 6 months in.  I ate the same dinners as him, but ate other things as usual, and I started losing weight as well. Obviously not as much as him, but I think I lost aout 15 lbs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)