Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth diapering moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Why do you cloth diaper? What do you like and what do you hate? Do you use cloth wipes? I am debating whether to start. My daughter is 10 days old but my last child.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JodyR82
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:11 PM
I do and I love it. We started because it's cheaper than disposables, but my hubby loves it too!
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I did and loved it. I loved how much money I saved and how cute their diapers were. I also used cloth wipes. It was so much better for their skin. I just hated washing them.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I use regular wipes most of the time. I use cloth because I hate garbage. I would rather just wash and use it again.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:14 PM
I loved cloth diapers. Wish I had known about them with my first two. What I knew was the old way. Yes, we cheesecloth wipes to. It was so much cheaper. Even though have used them for our only. It saved us money.
Mackenzie40
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:16 PM
I used cloth diapers a long time ago (dd us 16). My daughters skin was very sensitive and disposables would irritate her skin badly . After I made the switch I was really glad I did . My dd didn't have anymore rash type problems , I saved money and the prints available were endless and soo cute.
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:19 PM
I'm using mostly cloth with my 16 month old and will use mostly cloth with my newborn in june. I use them to save money.I've just been using flats and covers and have had more luck than when I tried pockets. I finally made the switch to cloth wipes a couple months ago and I won't go back! They are much more sturdy and I just throw it in the wash with the diapers - no having to separate. I've found that if I keep a small wet bag in the pail for the solids and then flush, rinse them every night then all I have to do on wash day is throw everything in and run a rinse and wash! Super easy! I look for anything I can do to make things easier and cheaper to do.
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:20 PM

I did when my kids were in diapers, because of rashes. I used disposable wipes most of the time. 

mommy2smommy2
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:23 PM

I cloth diapered...only my last :) But I wish I would have done it for all of them. I used sunbabies and literally spent $120 for 24 diapers and inserts. That is all I spent on diapers for 2 years and she actually potty trained herself at 21 months. I don't like cleaning them :) you have to wash them very day and you have to strip them about once a month.. Also I would use homemade detergent but I like using that

PeppermintyTea
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:26 PM
I used g-diapers most. Disposable liners while out, and cloth at home. I didn't like them overnight at times, but other than that they were fine. I used regular wipes when she was an infant, and cloth wipes for #2 while potty training.
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:27 PM

I cloth diaper because it is cheaper in the long run and they're cute so I don't mind washing them. :-) I love bamboo diapers and all-in-twos as well as pre-folds. I love that the bamboo helped my son's sensitive skin. I hate pocket diapers and will only use the pockets in my all-in-ones for my toddler for overnights. I do use cloth wipes. It's much easier. You can just thrown them in the wash with the cloth diapers whereas regular wipes you have to throw them away separately (with disposables I always rolled them up inside the dirty diaper so I do the same with the cloth wipes and cloth diapers). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)