Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Easter and I'm so bummed out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I think my Marine ex-boyfriend, who I am still in love with, has found someone else. No it's not the hot 18-year-old he recently dated briefly. No it's not any of the model types he's dated. I wish it were. Because his relationships with them almost ended as quickly as they began. This seems like the real deal. I think he has fallen in love with her, and vice versa.

Go figure...they met for the first time last year at an event and they couldn't STAND each other! Then they saw each other a couple of more times (mutual friends) and omg they went at it!! She said Marines are crazy. She called him a spoiled rich country boy. She told him he's insufferable, cocky, and reckless. He called her a bratty sorority princess. And a b*tch. And detached from reality. I remember saying to Eric that this girl really seemed to have gotten to him. Something inside me just knew. But I'm still sad.

Now their paths crossed this spring and apparently they've connected and their feelings are completely different, have done a 180 actually. They're dating. They're together. She put a picture of them kissing on her Facebook and his with the caption "Did you ever hate someone so much you didn't know you were in love?" And on both their Facebooks it already says "In a Relationship". I am just so down! I want him back. I have for a long time. My DD always talks about him and really wants him as a part of her life too. He is one of THE only positive male influences in DD's life! And now my chances are slim because it really seems like he has found someone. I just feel absolutely down and out!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM
bump
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Unfriend him and get on with your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Quoting iwicked: Unfriend him and get on with your life.

I'm trying. I won't unfriend him because we're really good friends. I am the ONLY one who truly understands and has been there about his PTSD!
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM
I doubt you are the only one who truly understands. He is not with you for a reason.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm trying. I won't unfriend him because we're really good friends. I am the ONLY one who truly understands and has been there about his PTSD!
FeliciaMarie71
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:29 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Unfriend and move on.

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Move on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:53 PM
Everyone's saying move on. But it's not that easy. He was the love of my life. I'm trying. He hasn't been in touch with me as much lately.
:( I am hurt and I can't help my feelings.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Ummmm so?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM
Excuse me that's huge for people who have been in the military in combat. He saw some BAD sh*t! I am just about the only girlfriend of his who has listened to him about it, understood, and tried to help him.
Quoting msjaxon: Ummmm so?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)