Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some parents are too... st*pid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I have 4 children, two boys and two girls, they are all teens (DD13 DS15 DS16 and DD17). As a mother, I have raised them well and they trust me enough to tell me when they do big things in their lives (For example, DD17 trusted me enough to tell me she lose her virginity the exact day she did it. And so did DS16). I know I have good children and I know kids nowadays live in a world full of vices. I know they party and smoke and drink, I don't give a damn about what other children do behind their parents backs, I don't even think about what my kids do behind my back. I know kids will try new things and some things are not good in my book, but they have to try them to understand why I say no to them. My daughter who is 13 came to me last week after a sleep over in a friend house. I was asking her about her night and she told me her friend have an older sister who is 16 and was with some friends there. And then she told me that the kid ask her mother if they could open a bottle of whiskey, and the mother said yes! I mean, they were all underage kids! DD told me the mother even ask her if she wanted a glass and she said no and ask her friend to go to sleep right in that moment. I really don't get why a parent would do that. I have give my kids champange in weddings or New Year parties, but never a full glass. I could never go grab a bottle and tell them to drink it with their friends. That's asking for trouble. Gosh...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM
BUMP!
TediLee
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Wow that would be the last time my kid went over. I couldn't ever serve kids much less offer it freely to a 13 year old
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
For the same reason my friends mother got me stoned for the first time when I was like 13. I remember trying to put Visine in my eyes for what felt like an hour before my mother came to pick me up, and the fucking lid was on. I drank for the first time at friends, given alcohol by the adult, smoked for the first time at a friends, also given by an adult. People are fucking stupid.
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I am with you. I can't even imagine the thought process of this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wilky5
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely not good to offer alcohol to other people's kids, especially that young.
Bjr33
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM
That's a bit much. I want my child to always know she can always come to me, but at 16, you better not even consider asking me something like that! And I would be pissed if my 13yr old was offered a glass of whiskey at someone else's house. That would be the end of sleepovers at that house.
Momosaur
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM
That is awesome that you have such a trusting and understanding relationship with your children. I hope for the same with my boys.

I would give that mother a call though and let her know you are not happy.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:53 PM
I would call the police and press charges against her for child abuse.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Yikes. Even if I let my own kid drink I'd never extend that to their friends. In high school my best friends mom didn't care if we had wine coolers. I'm not sure I'd care if someone allowed my teenager to have a hard lemonade or something. But I'd report it if someone gave my teenager whiskey.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Call the police and make a police report. Your daughter and others there can verify the parents are serving hard liquor to minors.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)