Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will admit it...I'm jealous

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:58 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Not in an unhealthy way but I'm totally jealous of the people who have parents that spend Easter with their kids.
my kids grandparents suck , at least the ones who live in our state , and don't bother with our kids on holidays. ...or really any other days.

I just needed to get that out. I see so many loving grandparents and it is so beautiful to see how close some families are.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM
I am sorry. My kiddos have some pretty awesome grandparents.

They even have involved great grandparents. The only thing that sucks is one set live in England and we dont get to see them as often as we'd like :(

SaskMummy
by Mandy on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM

i get that feeling, I live and hour and a half away from my parents and I invited them to my house for easter supper and to spend time with the kids,  instead they're hosting my brother, his crappy girlfriend, and a family friend and her two kids.

Initially my mom said she didn't have the gas to be coming here for the holiday,  yet she offered to give me 40.00 to come to her place ,  I declined and stayed home..   I know it's not the same but it sucks

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:01 PM

That is really sad. I'm sorry that they don't spend time with them. 

I'm sure they still had a great Easter. 

.PinkSunshine.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM

aw I'm sorry. Holidays haven't been the same for me since I became an adult. It sucks but we have to deal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Just about the only time that we see my dad is Christmas.....maybe once or twice more throughout the year.

The rest of the grandparents we don't have contact with.  I am sad for my kids sometimes but we love on them as best as we can.  Everyone has different family dynamics and I made choices to remove harmful people from their lives.  Hugs!

chicklopez
by ItsFunnierInEnochian on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM

i agree to some extent. I love holidays because I miss my cousins and these are the only times I get to see them. Im jealous of people who have sane in laws. 

piperhalliwell1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:04 PM
My parents are too far away...
jen-jen99
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:04 PM
i cant even imagine being like that! Sorry. :( Family is my #1 priority.
MamaWanna1982
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM

same here...so hugs..ur not alone.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM
I know how you feel, Mama. Luckily my Mum makes up for my Dad and my husbands parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)