Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of freak does this???? ETA

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM
  • 35 Replies

So, dh has hospital priveledges, which is great.  He can walk out to the duck pond and around to this pavilion that overlooks the fountains.  Well, there are a bunch of Canadian Geese and they are beautiful and not really afraid of people.  They get really close.  

So we were walking on the path to the pavilion and I saw these two geese and they were right next to the path.  As we got closer, one stood up and had a long dart through his neck!!  We went in to the nearest entrance and told the information desk about it.  They contacted security and then told us that they were searching for someone who was using a blow dart at the geese!!

WHO DOES THIS!!  It is heart breaking.  So, dh's nice peaceful walk was interrupted because some idiot has decided that these geese are target practice for their entertainment. 

Just wanted to vent.  

ETA...

OK, I think skunks stink, I think possums carry rabies and are dangerous, hell, I think that rattlesnakes are deadly and don't want them around me, but....

I would never condone injuring any of those animals and leaving them there to suffer.  Kill them, fine.  Shoot to eat, fine. Shoot to protect family or property, fine.  THIS IS DIFFERENT. This was a blow dart, shot through the neck, and left in there without finishing the job.  THAT IS CRUELTY.  I don't care how ugly, nasty, stinky, poopy, or mean a creature is.  They do NOT deserve to be left to suffer.  

So, the argument over whether they are a valuable creature or not is a moot point.  The only point is that cruelty to animals, any animal, is wrong. 

Sorry, it just got to me that people started discussing the merits of the creature rather than the ethical and moral issues with the behavior. 

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM

devil

YuppyMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM
Canadian geese are horribleittle nasty creatures. I would run one down with a car but not dart one and risk it living.
petie1104
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Why is that?  This is the first time I've been around them, which is why it was so nice to see them.  

Quoting YuppyMom: Canadian geese are horribleittle nasty creatures. I would run one down with a car but not dart one and risk it living.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

they will attack you if you accidently get near their nesting grounds. They can be mean buggars.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM
You can hunt them in TN. Which is mind blowing for me because in IL they are protected(where I grew up).
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Poor Geese!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM
5 moms liked this
Not even close to as horrible and nasty your species is. Humans crack me up. We are gross, destructive, fucking assholes and think we have the right to bitch about how "gross" a goose is. We, as a species, are pathetic.

Quoting YuppyMom: Canadian geese are horribleittle nasty creatures. I would run one down with a car but not dart one and risk it living.
YuppyMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
They completely pollute water and beaches with their excrement. It makes the bacteria levels rise so badly some areas become unswimmable. They can also be nasty. I saw one grab a tkddr's leg once. They also hold up traffic in some places. At one time in New Jersey it was legal to kill them at will.
yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:11 PM

you are a horrible nasty creature , and i would love to run you down with a  car.  hmm or an suv.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:11 PM

That's the thing though, if they were hunting them to eat, fine.  But to blow these darts at them and leave them injured but alive just seems cruel for the sake of cruelty. 

Quoting Glitchtastic: You can hunt them in TN. Which is mind blowing for me because in IL they are protected(where I grew up).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)