Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mirena question.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have had it for a year now and I get pains on my right side. It's so painful sometimes. Have you ladies had any problems with it?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DaBuzz
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:42 PM

I had to have mine removed after a year and a half. It hurt all the time. Sitting wrong. Moving wrong while sitting. Having sex with DH. Random pangs. Plus my mood turned irritable. 

No pains on my right side though. Have you been checked lately? You know they have the tendency to migrate...

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:44 PM
No but they said risk of a tubal pregnancy increases
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM
It could be a cyst they can happen with the it. Call your ob
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Yes I had terrible pains that came and went on the right side. After they got bad it came/fell out 2 months later.

I should add this was not with mirena but the other iud. When I had mirena I was extremely emotional and that's it.
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:54 PM
This is the second mirena I've had and I haven't had a problem yet. I get pain on my left side but I have cysts on that ovary.

Ask your dr for an ultrasound, that's how I discovered mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:56 PM
I had serious issues with it after I'd had it in for 3 years. It was like a snowball effect of problems the last 2 years. If it doesn't let up or has been constant for a few days, I'd see my OB. Some people do great with mirena and others don't. Most OBs seem to think mirena is gods gift to women though, just my experience. If you're having issues that won't let up, demand they remove it. I was called "silly" and "crazy" for wanting mine out early. Funny thing, ALL my issues disappeared within a month of having it removed. I had a serious skin rash that never went away until a few days after mirena was removed. I never had skin issues in my life before that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM
You need to contact your Dr. There is an increased chance of tubal pregnacies. But it is more likely a cyst on ovary. Dr warned me any hormonal birth control can cause that to happen.
3againstitall
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I had Mirena for a full year with no problems. I even had it checked on and off. Then boom a fibroid pushed it out of place. A fibroid I never had before getting it nor do I normally get them. The doctor removed my IUD right away.

raschwittay
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM
I had mine removed out of my belly button. I had it for 2 weeks and it protruded my uterus. Sucked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)