Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone get a tooth pulled while pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I need to have one pulled and when i talked to my dr he said it can be done but he would rather i wait. I am just in a lot of pain. Its not a wisdom tooth but one in the back. Id get it numbed but i have to stay awake for it. I am torn on what tp do here. Was your baby okay after dealing with that?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM
i did but was under 12 weeks.they won't do after 5 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:48 PM
had two root canals, some
Fills and crowns was about 14 weeks with my twins. They're fine. You're supposed to take take extra care of your teeth while pregnant
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Im 20 weeks but was told as long as its not done in the third trimester it will be okay.

Quoting KRIZZ25: i did but was under 12 weeks.they won't do after 5 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:51 PM
I did. They don't normally put you under anyways unless it is a wisdom tooth so not sure why that part is an issue here.

I think the only difference was I had to take antibiotics to prevent infection just in case because I was pregnant, if I wasn't they would have just pulled it and nothing else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Thats good to hear! Sadly i just have bad teeth. No matter what i do they give me trouble. Im hoping both of my kids have teeth like my husband. His never bother him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: had two root canals, some
Fills and crowns was about 14 weeks with my twins. They're fine. You're supposed to take take extra care of your teeth while pregnant
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I had one pulled at 37 weeks with ds. My dr said it was safer to have it pulled them to leave it in because it was infected. DS is 9 months old and no issues 

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:54 PM
Um, my oral surgeon told me the exact opposite, and he is very knowledgeable about pregnancy. He said they wouldn't do it in the first trimester, and that anytime after that is fine but third trimester is so uncomfortable anyway you probably wouldn't want to deal with it. I had a tooth pulled a few weeks ago when I was 24 weeks. He said that was perfect timing. He gave me the lowest dose of local anesthesia possible and I didn't feel a thing. He prescribed me the lowest dose of hydrocodone possible too, but I didn't even need it. I took extra strength Tylenol a couple of times and was fine.

Personally, OP, I say do it now because you do NOT want to deal with tooth pain on top of labor!

Quoting KRIZZ25: i did but was under 12 weeks.they won't do after 5 months.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM
Yes, 2 actually as I needed them done in conjunction with a surgery I was having. I even took the Vicodin they gave me. Everything was fine.
ele2837
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:13 PM
I'm having one pulled tomorrow and I'm about 7 weeks. I'm working things out to get a root canal done next week too
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM
I had 4 pulled when pregnant. It sucked because Tylenol 3 was the only thing I could take when healing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)