Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Hasn't It Happened?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Dh and I have decided to offically trying for a baby! However it has not been easy and it's kind of concerning me. We have been together for 3 years. I think we stopped using condoms within the first year of dating. We weren't opposed to having kids and I was on birth control. We never got pregnant. Then in December of this year, I stopped taking my birth control pills. Still nothing.

I have a 5 year old ds from a previous relationship. He was an oops. I was on Nueva ring at the time and surprise! Since then, I have been on Nueva ring then Mirena for a year then Depo for nearly a year till the Pill all in the past 5 years. Nueva ring caused an infection, Mirena caused mysterious and new fibroid that pushed the IUD out of place and Depo made my periods heavy. I have been assuming I have enough b/c in my system to sterlize someone.

Ds happened so easily. I don't understand why it's so hard now. It's frustrating. Should I be concerned or is there anything more we can do?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
You were on birth control and don't understand why you didn't get pregnant all this time or you don't understand why it hasn't happened in 4 months?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:00 PM
It took us 10 years to have DS, be patient.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM

I guess both lol.

I was on b/c when I got pregnant with ds. I guess it surprised me it didn't occur again.

Quoting Momeficient: You were on birth control and don't understand why you didn't get pregnant all this time or you don't understand why it hasn't happened in 4 months?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Are you having sex when you're ovulating?
It's only been a few months.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM
It hasn't been that long. After a year, then you start getting checked out.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM

You shouldn't be concerned until you've been TTC for a year, that's what my doctor told me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM
It takes time my dear. Both my children were oops. My dh and I have been trying now for four years and still nothing. I've had so many different birth controls is not even funny! I was on the patch, depo, pills, IUD (cause PID), Depo again then implonon. Even though they say you can get pregnant almost right away after stopping BC it can take up to two years for it to be out of your system. Don't worry yourself to much until you've been trying over a year hun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM
It's only been a few months. You need to relax, it won't happen when you're stressing over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM

I guess I didn't realize how little time has passed. I feel kinda rushed about it because ds is 5 and I don't want it to have a big age gap between the two. Then again things didn't exactly go as I had planned it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you having sex when you're ovulating? It's only been a few months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Your fertility slowly declines.  You were naturally more fertile when you conceived your 5 year old.  How old are you?  How old is your husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)