Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those against cry it out..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
How old was your baby before he or she began sleeping in their own crib? I exclusively breastfeed and have always been against cry it out. My first two children began sleeping in their own cribs around 5-6 months of age, all night. I am now on my third and he will not. He has to be attached to my boob literally all night or he will wake up. I've tried placing him in his crib and he wakes up and screams the instant that I put him down. I've even tried having my hubby give him a bottle of pumped milk and then lay him down, same result. We have tried rocking to sleep and putting him down, same result. He is 15 months and I am at my wits end, I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours in a row in well, 15 months. I can't put him to bed awake because he nurses before bed and that always puts him to sleep.

I am looking for advise I guess...is there anything I'm missing? I know he doesn't need to nurse all night at this age but I don't want him to scream and cry himself to sleep either. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:00 PM
My kids slept with me til they were in elementary school. Drove my DH crazy. No help here. Heres a bump.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM

ods slept either in h is swing or his carrier. yds has always slept in his crib.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM
My kindergartner is still in my bed....

Quoting jjames1990: My kids slept with me til they were in elementary school. Drove my DH crazy. No help here. Heres a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Haha at this point I feel like that's where I'm headed! Drives my DH crazy too.

Quoting jjames1990: My kids slept with me til they were in elementary school. Drove my DH crazy. No help here. Heres a bump.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM

they didn't, they slept in our bed until two or three. 

HAHuskey
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:04 PM
I had to stop breast feeding at 4 months and transitioned from my bed to her crib in a couple of weeks. I'd let her cry, but I'd go in and check her every couple of minutes.
PeppermintyTea
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:04 PM
She was in our bedroom (in pack n play) until around the age your little guy is now, and I moved her into her own room. She didn't sleep through the night until maybe 3-4? At first it was just normal sleep interruptions, and I'd go rub her back until she calmed down again. She had night terrors later on though, and it hated those. She did have one of those night lights that made stars, and pictures appear on the ceiling for about 20 minutes that helped her along with running the air purifier at night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM
At this point I wouldn't even mind him being in my bed if he would just SLEEP in my bed without having to nurse. I can't turn over or move because if he isn't nursing he's awake. :/

Quoting Anonymous 2: My kindergartner is still in my bed....

svolkov
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Around one year to 15 mo o transitioned mine. Baby's DO need to nurse at night especially that young. Once they were older we'd nurse then snuggle and read . Then I'd put them to bed half asleep. Of pat their back until they fell asleep. Every few nights I'd pat less time until I was just laying them down.

My youngest slept with me the longest. I transitioned her straight to a full sized bed
heather86w
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM
This is hard do you have a solid bed time routine? That might help. I am not a fan of cry it out but don t enjoy Co sleeping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)