Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me with these doctor issues?? Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My liver enzymes are high and have been for a few days. Well I was suppose to have surgery to get my gallbladder removed so all this could be fixed and now they're telling me no that I have to wait for my liver enzymes to go down!!! I have been and they went down some but I don't see it getting any better until they take out my gallbladder! Otherwise everything to me seems counterproductive!!!! The surgeon told me this morning we likely so it tomorrow and now everyone else so saying no!! I have kids and stuff at home I can't just stay here and not know what's happening but no one can seem to tell me what's going on!! Can I or should I refuse treatment and see someone else or go to a different hospital? Anyone else deal with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proud_mommy1212
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM
My gallbladder gets inflamed every once in a while, my mil's reputure while in a deep cave. Don't let it get to bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM
I'm trying not to but they keep putting off taking it out because of my liver but my gallbladder is causing the liver problem!!!

Quoting proud_mommy1212: My gallbladder gets inflamed every once in a while, my mil's reputure while in a deep cave. Don't let it get to bad.
Salut123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM

I had to stay in the hospital for a week on a liquid diet before my gall bladder surgery for this reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM
I have absolutely no diet what so ever. It's been three days

Quoting Salut123:

I had to stay in the hospital for a week on a liquid diet before my gall bladder surgery for this reason.

BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
This was me at 16. Then again I was showing symptoms of liver failure when I got to the er. 5 days in things had leveled out enough and I had my surgery. 2 days later I went home.

Quoting Salut123:

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Odd. They monitored me very strictly. It sucked.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have absolutely no diet what so ever. It's been three days
Quoting Salut123:

tossed
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Have they given you anything to drink or eat? If so, you have a diet even if it is a standard diet.

It is fairly common for doctors to order a low carb diet before gb removal.

If your liver enzymes are terribly out of whack, they don't want to operate because some of the meds used have to be metabolized by the liver and they need to get the enzymes in a safe range. I doubt refusing treatment or leaving the hospital will get the gb out any sooner. Actually, it can cause other doctors to not accept you as a patient since you would be considered non compliant and would possibly hurt their outcome numbers. 

Good luck. I know it is not easy, especially with kids, but you are where you need to be. It is a holiday weekend and it is hard to get answers. The nurses cannot tell you what they don't know. Only the surgeon can tell you if the surgery is a go and sometimes that can be a minute by minute decision. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have absolutely no diet what so ever. It's been three days
Quoting Salut123:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Yeah I can't eat or drink anything

Quoting Salut123:

Odd. They monitored me very strictly. It sucked.

Quoting Salut123:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:37 PM
The surgeon told me this morning it was going to be tomorrow but all the nurses are saying no

Quoting tossed:

Have they given you anything to drink or eat? If so, you have a diet even if it is a standard diet.

If your liver enzymes are terribly out of whack, they don't want to operate because some of the meds used have to be metabolized by the liver and they need to get the enzymes in a safe range. I doubt refusing treatment or leaving the hospital will get the gb out any sooner. Actually, it can cause other doctors to not accept you as a patient since you would be considered non compliant and would possibly hurt their outcome numbers. 

Good luck. I know it is not easy, especially with kids, but you are where you need to be. It is a holiday weekend and it is hard to get answers. The nurses cannot tell you what they don't know. Only the surgeon can tell you if the surgery is a go and sometimes that can be a minute by minute decision. 

Quoting Salut123:

tossed
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:17 PM

The nurses don't have the final say, the surgeon does. Perhaps the doctor did not write his conclusion down in your chart. I would concentrate on what the doctor said and not the nurses. They should not try to second guess your doctor. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: The surgeon told me this morning it was going to be tomorrow but all the nurses are saying no
Quoting tossed:

Quoting Salut123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)