Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WDYT- too soon to call the dr?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My three (almost 4) year old started the day of with a bit of a stuffy nose, which at first I attributed to allergies. Through the day he became more congested and irritable. He normally just runs non-stop, so rambunctious. Today however, he decided he didn't want to eat dinner and wanted to go to bed at 5:30. Two hours later his nostrils are caked with dark green mucous,he has a non productive cough, and even after taking Tylenol still has a fever of 101.9.

I'm a little concerned at how fast his fever developed and wonder if it's too early to call his dr. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Well I wouldn't call tonight. I would see how he is tomorrow morning.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM

me personally, I wouldn't yet

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wait and see how the night goes and if he still has the fever in the morning.

heather86w
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:13 PM
Alternate with Mortrin to help break the fever. Plenty of fluids and just watch him. It is most likely a virus. If it gets worse or lasts more then a couple days I would take him in.
dianek1oo1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM

My peditrician told me to the the same as this:

Quoting heather86w: Alternate with Mortrin to help break the fever. Plenty of fluids and just watch him. It is most likely a virus. If it gets worse or lasts more then a couple days I would take him in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Thanks ladies. You would think by now I would know what I'm doing,he's the youngest of 4, and I can handle bumps,scrapes, and broken bones like a pro... But my little one not letting me hold him, his skin like fire under my touch, and if you do much as look at him he's inconsolably crying.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM
Can't hurt to call if your ped has a nurse line. Honestly, when it comes to my kids' health, I'd rather be a little too cautious.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM

I wouldn't this really isn't anything to be concerned about yet.  Alternate Tylenol and Motrin and lots of fluids at this point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)