Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will yall PLEASE give advice??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
OK...so me & my bf have lived together since last August...not too long, I know. I'm 37 & he's 38. How long should I give him to be ready to marry before I move on? He says he wants to, "one day." Well, I'm knocking on 40 and don't have all the time in the world. I feel like at our age, we should have a good idea o .what we're looking for. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that if he wanted to, he would know by now. We share a bank account and are in the very early stages of buying a house together. Oh, I have 2 teenagers and he has 1. But I WANT TO GET MARRIED! What the eff should I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamme1986
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:25 PM
How long have you been together?
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Many people date for several YEARS before getting married.  Six months is not very much time.  You come off as pathetially desperate. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: OK...so me & my bf have lived together since last August...not too long, I know. I'm 37 & he's 38. How long should I give him to be ready to marry before I move on? He says he wants to, "one day." Well, I'm knocking on 40 and don't have all the time in the world. I feel like at our age, we should have a good idea o .what we're looking for. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that if he wanted to, he would know by now. We share a bank account and are in the very early stages of buying a house together. Oh, I have 2 teenagers and he has 1. But I WANT TO GET MARRIED! What the eff should I do?

.PinkSunshine.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM

I would've never lived with him. I would assume that changes the dynamic of your relationship already. I honestly in your situation, do not know. I've never lived with any man before marriage. BUMP

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM
"One day" wouldn't be good enough for me, I'd say goodbye.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM
How long have you been together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM
Year

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: How long have you been together?
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't live with a man without being married first.
FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM
Do you want to get married or do you want to get married to him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM
Both...but I'm not down with being a girlfriend for a long period

Quoting FrumpyPigSkin: Do you want to get married or do you want to get married to him?
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:29 PM
That isn't that long. I think you made a mistake moving him in before marriage. Why would he want to get married if he gets all the benefits without the commitment.

You need to tell him marriage is important to you and that you expect him to man up or move out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Year

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: How long have you been together?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)